Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are You Happy You Made The Move To California?

Are You Happy You Made The Move To California?

Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are You Happy You Made The Move To California?

Originally Posted by markonline1
That's not bad if you have a 4 or 4S, not so good if you have anything newer. Although you only get the 16gb model which is nowhere near big enough for the new iPhone.
iPhones are "fixed" at manufacture and can't have additional memory added, right?

I can put any sized SD card into my Android phone, and I saw today that SanDisk has announced at 512Gb SD card. You couldn't pay me to switch to an iPhone!
Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

My ability to quote seems to have been taken from me.

Anyway, remember my first Mac, 30MB hard drive.

But now, phones with the ability to take decent pics, and HD video, they're amazing.

And the new iphone, barometer and all sorts of other gubbins.

(With 20 or so years of valuable data when I leave the house on a trip I hide my hard drives in case of burglary. One of my drives I've hidden too well and can't find it.)
Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
My ability to quote seems to have been taken from me.

Anyway, remember my first Mac, 30MB hard drive.

But now, phones with the ability to take decent pics, and HD video, they're amazing.

And the new iphone, barometer and all sorts of other gubbins.

(With 20 or so years of valuable data when I leave the house on a trip I hide my hard drives in case of burglary. One of my drives I've hidden too well and can't find it.)
Oh aye, 'valuable data'
Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Keeps me 'active'.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Keeps me 'active'.
I thought better of trying to do a gag about cabers.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But still had to mention it.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But still had to mention it.
It won't happen again.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
iPhones are "fixed" at manufacture and can't have additional memory added, right?

I can put any sized SD card into my Android phone, and I saw today that SanDisk has announced at 512Gb SD card. You couldn't pay me to switch to an iPhone!
That's correct. Of course, apple design their software specifically for their own device rather than having to use a one system fits all like android phones, which is why their phones (and laptops) are far superior and is just one of the many reasons why you couldn't pay me to switch to an android :
Old Sep 12th 2014, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It won't happen again.
That's what makes me anxious...
Old Sep 12th 2014, 6:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That's correct. Of course, apple design their software specifically for their own device rather than having to use a one system fits all like android phones, which is why their phones (and laptops) are far superior and is just one of the many reasons why you couldn't pay me to switch to an android :
Funny how they break just as much as any other device then
Old Sep 12th 2014, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not partisan in that manner but I've had no problems in two years with my iphone.

I mainly use Win 7 for work but I can't stand the the mollycoddling and inefficient MS ecosystem.

Use an ipad mainly for reading comics.

On the fence about a mac or win laptop for traveling.

When I have time I'll be building a Mac.

The Always Up-to-Date Guide to Building a Hackintosh (OS X 10.9.2)
Old Sep 12th 2014, 8:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

That's correct. Of course, apple design their software specifically for their own device ....
And the reason why Apple switched to building its computers using Intel microcomputer chips that were designed to run Windows OS is..... ?
Old Sep 12th 2014, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
And the reason why Apple switched to building its computers using Intel microcomputer chips that were designed to run Windows OS is..... ?
...because the intel chip was better than the chip they were using before (or more precisely, according to Steve Jobs, the intel chip produced less heat and power consumption was better). Not sure how that question is relevant though. Anyway, not getting into an apple vs android/windows mega debate. Horses for courses and all that.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 8:56 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

...because the intel chip was better than the chip they were using before (or more precisely, according to Steve Jobs, the intel chip produced less heat and power consumption was better). Not sure how that question is relevant though. Anyway, not getting into an apple vs android/windows mega debate. Horses for courses and all that.
I do find it rather funny living in Silicon Valley. If you go to a Starbucks during the day, there are always tons of people having business meetings. You can often figure out what company people work for, they all sit with their company cell phones on the table. As soon as the person they were meeting leaves, they all go in their pocket and take their iPhone out. Especially the Microsoft people
Old Sep 12th 2014, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by N1cky
I do find it rather funny living in Silicon Valley. If you go to a Starbucks during the day, there are always tons of people having business meetings. You can often figure out what company people work for, they all sit with their company cell phones on the table. As soon as the person they were meeting leaves, they all go in their pocket and take their iPhone out. Especially the Microsoft people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.