Are you?

Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:15 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are you?

When I took my driving test I was asked if I would like to be an organ donor. I tried to not answer (the subject freaks me) but that was not an option I had to say yes or no.. so I said yes .. not because I find the thought of having my organs removed when I die very appealing but because I felt that it'd be very selfish of me to want to keep them knowing that they could save another live.. But I really wished they hadn't ask me. It's just something that I don't like to think about and I'd rather let my family decide whatever they think it's best when the time comes..

Do they ask in every State?(I'm in CO)

Are you an organ donor?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:27 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you?

Originally Posted by anabella
When I took my driving test I was asked if I would like to be an organ donor. I tried to not answer (the subject freaks me) but that was not an option I had to say yes or no.. so I said yes .. not because I find the thought of having my organs removed when I die very appealing but because I felt that it'd be very selfish of me to want to keep them knowing that they could save another live.. But I really wished they hadn't ask me. It's just something that I don't like to think about and I'd rather let my family decide whatever they think it's best when the time comes..

Are you an organ donor?
yep x2
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:37 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you an organ donor?
What a question to ask on your driving test. I think i would have been stunned if asked that, and still not sure what the answer would be.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:42 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
What a question to ask on your driving test. I think i would have been stunned if asked that, and still not sure what the answer would be.
They don't ask on the driving test, they ask when you hand in all your documents and give all your details (address, eye/hair colour, etc.) in order to issue the license..
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:37 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Even though you'll have "organ donor" on your licence now (like me) they still have to get permission from your next of kin if the situation ever arises. So ultimately it will be up to your family to decide what is best.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Even though you'll have "organ donor" on your licence now (like me) they still have to get permission from your next of kin if the situation ever arises. So ultimately it will be up to your family to decide what is best.
And what a burden to place on your remaining relatives.

In NYS it is on the form you complete for your license. You are only verbally asked if you don't tick either box. Same as you can tick if you want to register to vote. This is how many non-US citizens get into deportable status when they make yes and then go and vote.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you an organ donor?
yes i am both here and at home in Blighty...almost 2 yrs ago my usc sil died suddenly and she was an organ donor and as traumatic as it was for her husband and the immediate family knowing for the few hrs after her death what was going on with her body it is good to know that her eyes, skin, kidneys and liver are helping 4 people. the transplant team that came and spoke to us were so professional that it really made us feel so much easier and worthwhile.

it's a bit like writing one's Will..not a nice thing to have to think of or do but very important especially when one has children imo.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:16 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Are you an organ donor?
yes in Ohio and yes (for the both of us)
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
yes in Ohio and yes (for the both of us)
Its a bit like 'Nip and Tuck' really.Yes, we are.I pity the poor person who gets me' bits. Mind you I wont be here to complain to !!Ha
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:40 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

I am yes. I would like to think that in the event of my death, especially if it was untimely, I would be able to help others. The same as if one of my family members were to need a transplant (god forbid) there would be someone to help us.
It doesn't really freak me out, I'm more freaked out by the thought of cremation to be honest, don't know why
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

We are as well.

But will they actually accept our donations if we offer them though? They wont take our blood because of possible Mad Cow contamination so why would they accept organs?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:51 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
We are as well.

But will they actually accept our donations if we offer them though? They wont take our blood because of possible Mad Cow contamination so why would they accept organs?
Mmmm, I wonder, didn't think of that
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

We are as well.

they have mad cow in nth america so guess it's all the same mad cow dunno
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
they have mad cow in nth america so guess it's all the same mad cow dunno

Yes but if you try and donate blood here and you are an expat from the UK they will not take your blood and donated organs all have blood flow through them so it would (in their eyes) possibly contaminated as well.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 3:28 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

We are as well.

I didn't know that
the bunch of idiots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.