Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yet another day in court

Yet another day in court

Old Jan 26th 2012, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Colette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really niceColette3886 is just really nice
Default Re: Yet another day in court

Good luck. Hope all goes swimmingly well!

Colette
Old Jan 26th 2012, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by country_canuck
Hopefully tomorrow morning will be our last day in limbo! Wish me luck, good karma and success!
Best of luck to you!

Ian
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:13 pm
London Canada to Atlanta

country_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond repute

Bad day. And so we move on and deal with the next round of trials and tribulations. To say we are disappointed is a sugar coating.

Sigh
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at it this way. When you do finally get the good news, I imagine they'll be a mass blowout celebration in ATL We'll probably be able to hear it from South FL!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 12:54 am
London Canada to Atlanta

country_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond reputecountry_canuck has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is a saint. We have some work to do, best get at it!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Bad day. And so we move on and deal with the next round of trials and tribulations.
Sorry to hear that you're still having to slog away at this! I went back and read your first few posts because I had forgotten how complicated your case was. In an earlier post, you mentioned not wanting to move back to Canada because your (now) wife's parents were elderly. What's the situation with that? Have you reconsidered a return to Canada?

Ian
Old Jan 28th 2012, 4:34 am
London Canada to Atlanta

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Sorry to hear that you're still having to slog away at this! I went back and read your first few posts because I had forgotten how complicated your case was. In an earlier post, you mentioned not wanting to move back to Canada because your (now) wife's parents were elderly. What's the situation with that? Have you reconsidered a return to Canada?

Ian
Hi Ian,
Thanks.
Yes. My wife's parents are elderly and in weakening health. Her father had a quad bypass 5 years ago and a secondary quad 3 years ago that they were only able to patch up three, the fourth has too much damage. He is also diabetic. His doctors gave him limited time. Her mother is also having heart problems, she is now congestive and is also showing signs of "forgetfulness". My wife wants, understandably, to stay as close to her family as possible.
A return to Canada, would be difficult at this stage of our lives, but staying here and going through this process is difficult as well. I'm not sure what the path of least resistance would be.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:06 pm
London Canada to Atlanta

Today was supposed to be our next day in court, it was scheduled at our last date in February.

Last week I received notice that today was cancelled and a new date was booked... February 2013.

And so it goes.

Geesh, by the time this gets finalized I will be so old I literally won't be able to give a ----!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Today was supposed to be our next day in court, it was scheduled at our last date in February.

Last week I received notice that today was cancelled and a new date was booked... February 2013.

And so it goes.

Geesh, by the time this gets finalized I will be so old I literally won't be able to give a ----!
Interesting....my husband's brother is going through an asylum case (appeal) right now, in Los Angeles. He had a court date last week, and the judge put a continuance on it....until March 2013! Yikes.

Rene
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:58 pm
London Canada to Atlanta

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Interesting....my husband's brother is going through an asylum case (appeal) right now, in Los Angeles. He had a court date last week, and the judge put a continuance on it....until March 2013! Yikes.

Rene
Yeah, it's like once they have you in court they don't want to let go, and they apparently don't have to.

We have had 6 trial dates now.
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:03 am
Just Joined

Michael Sanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Although, I do not know that much about immigration here is what I am doing to get by to drive legally here as I do not have my work papers here yet and my CA drivers license expired in March.

I have a Drivers License from the UK and I am driving on that. It is totally legal. If I get pulled over by the Police my Attorney has told me just to tell them I am on vacation and come here regularly so that is why my car is registered and insured in my name.

Use an international license if you can get one. Whichever country you are from will issue you a license.

Oh BTW what are you in court for? What is a 485 trial? The only reason I ask is that I entered the USA without telling the Immigration officer that I have a criminal record in the UK and was wondering what problems I may encounter when I apply for my AOS.

Hope I have been of a little assistance.
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:03 pm
London Canada to Atlanta

Originally Posted by Michael Sanders
Hello

Although, I do not know that much about immigration here is what I am doing to get by to drive legally here as I do not Fwd: Pay Stubhave my work papers here yet and my CA drivers license expired in March.

I have a Drivers License from the UK and I am driving on that. It is totally legal. If I get pulled over by the Police my Attorney has told me just to tell them I am on vacation and come here regularly so that is why my car is registered and insured in my name.

Use an international license if you can get one. Whichever country you are from will issue you a license.

Oh BTW what are you in court for? What is a 485 trial? The only reason I ask is that I entered the USA without telling the Immigration officer that I have a criminal record in the UK and was wondering what problems I may encounter when I apply for my AOS.

Hope I have been of a little assistance.
485 is AOS, I am in removal proceedings with an approved spousal visa and an AOS submitted to the court, post removal order.

I don't lie, can't believe an attorney would suggest his client lie to police...
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

If I get pulled over by the Police my Attorney has told me just to tell them I am on vacation and come here regularly so that is why my car is registered and insured in my name.
I suggest you get yourself a new attorney.

Ian
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:35 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Did the CBP officer ask if you have a criminal record? Or did you fill out any forms that ask, and you answered in the negative?

If you have made a material misrepresentation you may have significant problems. The penalties for misrepresentation are often more severe than the penalties for the thing that was misrepresented.

Regards, JEff

I entered the USA without telling the Immigration officer that I have a criminal record in the UK and was wondering what problems I may encounter when I apply for my AOS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.