Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yes ..Im confused over medical health insurance

Yes ..Im confused over medical health insurance

Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:25 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes ..Im confused over medical health insurance

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
I have no idea, but thats the excuse they gave me when I asked why the hell I have to pay so much.
Because dickheads out there shoot at crows.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:40 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RoB1833
Bloody Chicken Pox! Couldn't find hardly anyone willing to give it to an adult, eventually found somewhere today that was $75.

Don't know why we have to have it....... bah!
So you don't have any excuses to be off work sick!

We didn't have to have it for an AOS. But we have all had chicken pox as children so just told the doctor that we have all had chicken pox and they ticked the appropriate boxes. You only need the vaccine if you have never had chicken pox. You are supposed to prove this fact also, but all you need is a letter from your UK GP saying that you have had it and that is enough. A lot cheaper than having to pay for a vaccine if it isn't necessary.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:52 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

According to the paperwork, I needed to get the chicken pox jab as part of my GC application (via US embassy in Singapore) but the US Embassy approved doctors in Singapore wouldn't give it (huh?) - instead they gave me a letter saying it wasn't available for adults. The US embassy in Singapore got a bit shirty about it, but said it was down to the immigration officer when we landed!!! So, to avoid any potential problems, I tried to get it from the travel clinic in Amsterdam airport as we transited en route to Houston, but again just ended up with a "no can do" letter. Immigration officer couldn't give a toss - just told me to get it within 6 months.....I guess if he'd been a stickler it could have been awkward, but he was obviously in a good mood!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:58 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chopper-Chris
I have no idea, but thats the excuse they gave me when I asked why the hell I have to pay so much.
How's the lion taming going by the way??
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

sueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant future

Originally posted by sueanne
Have sat here on internet searching for healthcare insurance as were moving to Naples ,Florida in October..CONFUSING OR WHAT!
To tell the truth its worrying me.. have read back over some of the old threads about insurance..The company is not contributing to our medical costs and i really am concerned that the cost will cripple us. He is going to be on less wages in Florida than in UK but we love the lifestyle though.
Just so much to sort out..can anyone recommend a company that is competetive please..
Cheers!
THANKS! to all that have come back to me on this subject.....what is AOS though?
Old Jul 1st 2004, 11:19 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

AOS - adjustment of status.