Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

YES! Got my case number this morning from the Embassy :)

YES! Got my case number this morning from the Embassy :)

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 9:16 am
U.K/U.S.A.

Joanne Knight will become famous soon enoughJoanne Knight will become famous soon enough
Default YES! Got my case number this morning from the Embassy :)

I will be calling the Embassy today for an interview to be arranged for me. They sent me a packet of visa papers of which I had already completed and sent them 2 weeks ago.

Wow! I cant believe how quickly this has happened. I am so happy

Joanne.
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: YES! Got my case number this morning from the Embassy :)

Joanne,
Congratulations, it won't be long now, you are well on your
way.

Now check your paperwork for the 18th time !!!
Tomorrow check it for the 19th time....etc...etc

Good luck
Roger (+ Ida)
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 11:09 am
U.K/U.S.A.

Joanne Knight will become famous soon enoughJoanne Knight will become famous soon enough

Well, I called the Embassy in London and I am not happy right now I gave them my case number which they must have had from Texas but they said they havent received the NOA from Texas yet Also, he told me that it will be at least 4 or 5 weeks now till I hear anything from them with an interview date Is it just me but it seems like the actual Service Centers are working better and are more efficent than the Embassy in London?

I am so upset right now, I guess I shouldnt have got so excited like I did, but then who else wouldnt?

Joanne

Originally posted by rogerpenycate:
Joanne,
Congratulations, it won't be long now, you are well on your
way.

Now check your paperwork for the 18th time !!!
Tomorrow check it for the 19th time....etc...etc

Good luck
Roger (+ Ida)
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

I don't want to give you false hope, but the helpline (which is actually in Edinburgh, that's why every time you phone, someone with a Scottish accent answers) are notorious for exagerating timelines.
If you phone when you first file, they will tell you 6 months
to the interview, when in actual fact the current times are
3/4 months.
I did exactly the same as you (although mine didn't come from Texas) and was told a similar timescale.
A week later I recieved my interview date.So don't get to dis-heartened, it could be quicker than you think.
I hope so, if not the time will pass reasonably quickly.

Good luck (and speedy interview)

Roger

PS Don't forget your umbrella for the queue outside the
Embassy ;o)
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 2:08 pm
S.M.

Joanne the best thing to do in my opinion would be to email the Embassy. I had
phoned the help line (a waste of money) and they had said it could be another 2-4
weeks. However i did email the embassy and they were able to tell me my interview
date and i replied and then they faxed me my packet 4, and interview letter. They are
very good if you ask them specific questions, and include the name of the US Citizen
and your name as on the application.

You can email them from this web-site (the reply could take a few days as its a bank
holiday weekend in the UK):

http://www.usembassy.o-
rg.uk/cons_web/visa/moreinfo.htm

hope this helps Sean

PS are you a spouse or a fiance?

"rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I don't want to give you false hope, but the helpline (which is actually in
    > Edinburgh, that's why every time you phone, someone with a Scottish accent answers)
    > are notorious for exagerating timelines. If you phone when you first file, they
    > will tell you 6 months to the interview, when in actual fact the current times are
    > 3/4 months. I did exactly the same as you (although mine didn't come from Texas)
    > and was told a similar timescale. A week later I recieved my interview date.So
    > don't get to dis-heartened, it could be quicker than you think. I hope so, if not
    > the time will pass reasonably quickly.
    > Good luck (and speedy interview)
    > Roger
    > PS Don't forget your umbrella for the queue outside the Embassy ;o)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 24th 2002, 9:23 am
U.K/U.S.A.

I am the Fiance. Thanks for your advice S.M. I think I will be emailing them in future as previously they put me on hold when I call them and the last call I made to them cost me over £6.00 on their £1.50 phone line. The worst thing is that they put me on hold a lot while they go look for some paperwork. I will email them next time. I will email them on Tuesday with the Case number and by that time the NOA will be faxed to them from Texas. Hopefully then, they will be able to send me an interview date at least

Best wishes,

Joanne.

Originally posted by S.M.:
Joanne the best thing to do in my opinion would be to email the Embassy. I had
phoned the help line (a waste of money) and they had said it could be another 2-4
weeks. However i did email the embassy and they were able to tell me my interview
date and i replied and then they faxed me my packet 4, and interview letter. They are
very good if you ask them specific questions, and include the name of the US Citizen
and your name as on the application.

You can email them from this web-site (the reply could take a few days as its a bank
holiday weekend in the UK):

http://www.usembassy.o-
rg.uk/cons_web/visa/moreinfo.htm

hope this helps Sean

PS are you a spouse or a fiance?

"rogerpenycate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I don't want to give you false hope, but the helpline (which is actually in
    > Edinburgh, that's why every time you phone, someone with a Scottish accent answers)
    > are notorious for exagerating timelines. If you phone when you first file, they
    > will tell you 6 months to the interview, when in actual fact the current times are
    > 3/4 months. I did exactly the same as you (although mine didn't come from Texas)
    > and was told a similar timescale. A week later I recieved my interview date.So
    > don't get to dis-heartened, it could be quicker than you think. I hope so, if not
    > the time will pass reasonably quickly.
    > Good luck (and speedy interview)
    > Roger
    > PS Don't forget your umbrella for the queue outside the Embassy ;o)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old Aug 24th 2002, 2:02 pm
Katie

In article <[email protected]>, Joanne Knight says...
    >I am the Fiance. Thanks for your advice S.M. I think I will be emailing them in
    >future as previously they put me on hold when I call them and the last call I made
    >to them cost me over £6.00 on their £1.50 phone line. The worst thing is that they
    >put me on hold a lot while they go look for some paperwork. I will email them next
    >time. I will email them on Tuesday with the Case number and by that time the NOA
    >will be faxed to them from Texas. Hopefully then, they will be able to send me an
    >interview date at least

Joanne, I am the UK citizen. When I first phoned the UK line about my case (a week
after I'd sent in my DS forms etc), I was told it took up to 4 weeks to procees my
papers, then up to 4 weeks to process an interview letter, and another 4 weeks to the
interview date. Oh, great... I thought I was looking at 12 weeks.

I called one week later though, and was told they still hadn't put my papers onto
the computer.

I left it another week, before calling again. My third call. This time I was told my
information had been entered into the computer two days after my last phone call. But
they couldn't say how long it would be before my interview letter would be sent out
and to leave it another four weeks. I feigned panic and asked if I should cancel my
wedding arrangements, because my UK relatives had to buy plane tickets in advance and
that I didn't want them to waste their money. The woman left me on hold for a couple
of minutes, came back and then told me not to cancel the wedding date, and to wait
just another couple of weeks and phone again if I hadn't heard anything.There was an
interview letter behind my door three days later.

If you can afford it, call again. E-mail them too. There's a lot of stress when
planning a wedding, and your wedding date is getting closer. Your UK relatives need
to be buying their tickets in advance... <grins>.

-katie

Old Aug 26th 2002, 9:25 am
U.K/U.S.A.

Thank you so much, Katie, for your valued account of what happened to you with the Fiance Visa I feel so much better now. I appreciate your information very much.

Best wishes,

Joanne.

Originally posted by Katie:
In article <[email protected]>, Joanne Knight says...
    >I am the Fiance. Thanks for your advice S.M. I think I will be emailing them in
    >future as previously they put me on hold when I call them and the last call I made
    >to them cost me over £6.00 on their £1.50 phone line. The worst thing is that they
    >put me on hold a lot while they go look for some paperwork. I will email them next
    >time. I will email them on Tuesday with the Case number and by that time the NOA
    >will be faxed to them from Texas. Hopefully then, they will be able to send me an
    >interview date at least

Joanne, I am the UK citizen. When I first phoned the UK line about my case (a week
after I'd sent in my DS forms etc), I was told it took up to 4 weeks to procees my
papers, then up to 4 weeks to process an interview letter, and another 4 weeks to the
interview date. Oh, great... I thought I was looking at 12 weeks.

I called one week later though, and was told they still hadn't put my papers onto
the computer.

I left it another week, before calling again. My third call. This time I was told my
information had been entered into the computer two days after my last phone call. But
they couldn't say how long it would be before my interview letter would be sent out
and to leave it another four weeks. I feigned panic and asked if I should cancel my
wedding arrangements, because my UK relatives had to buy plane tickets in advance and
that I didn't want them to waste their money. The woman left me on hold for a couple
of minutes, came back and then told me not to cancel the wedding date, and to wait
just another couple of weeks and phone again if I hadn't heard anything.There was an
interview letter behind my door three days later.

If you can afford it, call again. E-mail them too. There's a lot of stress when
planning a wedding, and your wedding date is getting closer. Your UK relatives need
to be buying their tickets in advance... <grins>.

-katie
Old Aug 26th 2002, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Am I invisible ?
Old Aug 27th 2002, 9:19 am
U.K/U.S.A.

Yes, you are visible. I am sorry if I have offended you. Just I put names to replies that is all. Sorry

Joanne.

Originally posted by rogerpenycate:
Am I invisible ?
Old Aug 27th 2002, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Joanne Knight:
Yes, you are visible. I am sorry if I have offended you. Just I put names to replies that is all. Sorry

Joanne.

Hi sorry, I was just asking, I've read postings on here where
some peoples postings hadn't appeared even though they could see them themselves, not sure how that works, I'm not good enough with computers.

Good luck when your time comes for the interview etc