Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yellowstone - things to see and do

Yellowstone - things to see and do

Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yellowstone - things to see and do

We are planning on a 2 week road trip to Yellowstone in the coming weeks via Spokane, Coeur d'Alene, Silverwood theme park and Missoula. Can anyone recommend any cool stuff to see / do along the way or at Yellowstone (other than the well publicised stuff - old faithful etc) Also any recommendations on which campgrounds are the best ones within Yellowstone would be great.
Thanks
Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yellowstone - things to see and do

Unless my geography has gone horribly wrong, I'm pretty sure that Yellowstone is in the US?!?

So I'll move this in to the US forums, where you should have more response. Have fun.

Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:09 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jossie
We are planning on a 2 week road trip to Yellowstone in the coming weeks via Spokane, Coeur d'Alene, Silverwood theme park and Missoula. Can anyone recommend and cool stuff to see / do along the way or at Yellowstone (other than the well publicised stuff - old faithful etc) Also any recommendations on which campgrounds are the best ones within Yellowstone would be great.
Thanks
Plains Indian Museum
http://www.browningmontana.com/museum.html
http://www.bbhc.org/explore/plains-indians/
Old Jul 24th 2013, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unless my geography has gone horribly wrong, I'm pretty sure that Yellowstone is in the US?!?

So I'll move this in to the US forums, where you should have more response. Have fun.

I was looking for an opinion from the Canadian expats that might have done the same route so didn't really want it in the US forum.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 7:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jossie
I was looking for an opinion from the Canadian expats that might have done the same route so didn't really want it in the US forum.
I did search the forums before I moved it, but could only find one mention of Yellowstone in the entire history of the Canada forums! Hence the move, as chances are lots of people in the US forums will have visited but I'm not sure you'd get any response at all in the Canada section.

HTH.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Psyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond repute

Coeur d'Alene is a nice town on a beautiful lake - worth spending a night and maybe get out on the lake. Haven't been there but I've heard Sandpoint is a great little town in north Idaho. Yellowstone campgrounds might be pretty full, although when I was last there it was end of August and we got a site without any reservations. Stayed at Madison campground and woke up with buffalo all around our tents. If you're into backpacking, its also worth getting into the backcountry for some remote camping, although take all the precautions against bears. When I hiked into the Yellowstone river area in the north of the park, it was rutting season (early October) and I could hear elk bugling all night on one hillside and wolves howling all night on another hillside. Pretty amazing. Then got up at 7am to take a leak and a wolf ran past our tents.
Glacier National Park wouldn't be too much of a detour for you as well, although maybe you see enough mountains where you are.