Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!! We're not going back to the UK

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!! We're not going back to the UK

Old Mar 31st 2014, 6:15 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yay! Yay! Yay!!!! We're not going back to the UK

Congrats.

Nice to see the sad Minion is gone as well.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Thank you all, the bubbly will certainly be cracked open later.

We didn't tell our daughter about the possibility of moving back to the UK. We decided to wait until we knew something more definite, or if time was ticking dangerously close to the cut off date. There would have been too many questions that we just didn't have the answers to. So pleased we didn't worry her unduly, however she will probably wonder why we are so deliriously happy tonight.

Not sure I will relax 100% until that piece of Green plastic is in my hand, but that will just be another reason for a bottle of bubbly
Maybe she thought it was the weather.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:18 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

We've just received notice that our Motion to Reopen for our Green Cards has been approved.

So absolutely delighted, I'm literally jumping up and down.
I'm sure you would be interested to know why it was refused in the first place. I remember the original thread, but has your (new?) attorney provided any insight why this application was approved but the others weren't?
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:23 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Maybe she thought it was the weather.
I can enjoy the rain again now, it's been annoying me the last couple of weeks, thinking I'd get enough rain when we got back.

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I'm sure you would be interested to know why it was refused in the first place. I remember the original thread, but has your (new?) attorney provided any insight why this application was approved but the others weren't?
No new lawyer, the company lawyers saw it through to the end. We believe it was originally denied due to the number of days hubby had worked for the company in the UK, before the L1 transfer. We filed very close to the 365 days, and there was an added complication due to the office closing...
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:23 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

I can enjoy the rain again now, it's been annoying me the last couple of weeks, thinking I'd get enough rain when we got back.

No new lawyer, the company lawyers saw it through to the end. We believe it was originally denied due to the number of days hubby had worked for the company in the UK, before the L1 transfer. We filed very close to the 365 days, and there was an added complication due to the office closing...
Interesting. Glad you have everything approved now. Must be a weight off your mind!
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

We've just received notice that our Motion to Reopen for our Green Cards has been approved.

This is just one instance where Silicon companies will put in an effort to help a long term employee even if they won't be a future employee. During the last company I was working with, it became obvious that in the near future that there was going to be major layoffs and before that occurred, many on H-1B visas got their green cards.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Told you so

Congrats
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:46 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, really happy for you.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 31st 2014, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad it's working out for you.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news Nicky.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 31st 2014 at 9:37 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:08 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Nicky, so pleased they reopened the case for you.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news! Hopefully it'll all glide along smoothly this time, and you'll soon be clutching your reassuring bit of green plastic.

Hubby's in the UK for work for a couple of weeks, and has been giving me a daily report on how grim it all is - terrible weather, everything damp and covered in moss, roads awful, etc etc etc. Apparently the only saving graces are fish and chips, and being able to use sarcasm in business meetings.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Monday to you Nicky xxx
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kodokan
Fantastic news! Hopefully it'll all glide along smoothly this time, and you'll soon be clutching your reassuring bit of green plastic.

Hubby's in the UK for work for a couple of weeks, and has been giving me a daily report on how grim it all is - terrible weather, everything damp and covered in moss, roads awful, etc etc etc. Apparently the only saving graces are fish and chips, and being able to use sarcasm in business meetings.
Dog shit trees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.