Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Xmas gift ideas to send to the family in UK?

Xmas gift ideas to send to the family in UK?

Old Oct 8th 2005, 6:09 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xmas gift ideas to send to the family in UK?

US magazine subscription on hobbies/interests that specific relatives have?

NC Penguin
Old Oct 8th 2005, 6:43 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

You could just do as I do and simply pretend christmas doesnt exist.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 6:46 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

NC Penguin

Granny has been aching for a good read of "Gung ho macho bullshit magnum hunting handgun live ammo weekly"
Old Oct 8th 2005, 6:52 am
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
Looking for ideas on Xmas gifts to send to the family back in the UK. What things from the US would our UK family/friends love to receive? Serious replies only, pleeeeeze!

A one-way ticket to Australia :scared:
Old Oct 8th 2005, 6:58 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
A one-way ticket to Australia :scared:
Virgin Galactic not doing one way tickets to the moon yet then?
Old Oct 8th 2005, 7:06 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rushman
Granny has been aching for a good read of "Gung ho macho bullshit magnum hunting handgun live ammo weekly"

I usually use Amazon (UK) and save on shipping. For US stuff, i think of stuff thats not too heavy like magazines, books, local food/candy specialities - stuff like that.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 7:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

magazines tend to be a bit poop over here...and with internation shipping?
Old Oct 8th 2005, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Bob
I find it's better to just buy a selection and send it yourself in one go. Not quite the same though.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 7:28 am
Account Closed

I much prefer German, Dutch and Scandinavian magazines myself

So does Granny!!
Old Oct 8th 2005, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by rushman
I much prefer German, Dutch and Scandinavian magazines myself
So does Granny!!

Old Oct 8th 2005, 9:36 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

NC Penguin

yeah, we gave a National Geographic subscription to our neighbor in the Netherlands one year.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 10:53 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Bob: you should avert your eyes away from the top shelf. Those mags aren't as good as they used to be (so I'm told ).

Got my Mum a subscription to Atlantic Monthly* for her birthday which is this month. Sadly, she has to wait 6-10 weeks before she receives her first issue!

* do not attempt to order an international subscription through the website. The page is not designed for UK addresses.

There's a media mail rate for international, isn't there? That'd save some money.

NC Penguin
Old Oct 8th 2005, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

Bob: you should avert your eyes away from the top shelf. Those mags aren't as good as they used to be (so I'm told ).

Got my Mum a subscription to Atlantic Monthly* for her birthday which is this month. Sadly, she has to wait 6-10 weeks before she receives her first issue!

* do not attempt to order an international subscription through the website. The page is not designed for UK addresses.

There's a media mail rate for international, isn't there? That'd save some money.

NC Penguin

My relatives fight over Milano cookies and Starbucks coffee...the two things that hold no interest for me here in the States. Mind you, they don;t understand why I go home and drool over McVities and Tetley either!!
Tracey
Old Oct 8th 2005, 1:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

'em mags are all enclosed in a thick black plastic bag around here

And international rates, sometimes, but there normally a bit tricky to find and not that great value either...
Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
'em mags are all enclosed in a thick black plastic bag around here

And international rates, sometimes, but there normally a bit tricky to find and not that great value either...
Why do some mags (like Esquire and some entirely non-sexual womens mags) have thier covers covered at the supermarket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.