Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

XeTrade signup

XeTrade signup

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:10 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: XeTrade signup

Phone call went well, they rang exactly at 10am like I'd asked and my account is now active. I'm using them because all I'm doing is paying my UK bills so I transfer smaller amounts than other sites allow, plus I've used xe.com for years to find the exchange rates.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

No fees on UKForex over a certain amount as has been said.

You just pay the cash into their account using online/internet banking, no BACS/CHAPS involved.

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Jun 3rd 2008 at 4:00 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
No fees on UKForex over a certain amount as has been said.

You just py the cash into their account using online/internet banking, no BACS/CHAPS involved.
I believe a regular internet banking transfer IS BACS - its free and normally takes about 3 days.

If you want to make a faster payment you use CHAPS - this normally involves going into the bank and paying fees.

Its irrelevant to this discussion now anyway, as I said I thought when I had looked at the site previously they said they only did CHAPS transfers which would have meant fees, but it appears they accept both.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:40 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldskool
I'd be interested in hearing as to how the XE trade signup goes. I was at the same stage recently and backed out as I am not comfortable with providing bank details over the phone unless I have initiated the call.

Someone calling you...very dodgy and insecure. Very open to abuse and not much different to internet phishing in that you have to be sure who you are dealing with is indeed who you are dealing with.
but you tell them the times you want them to call. anyone calling out of those times = dodgy.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

bagspacked will become famous soon enoughbagspacked will become famous soon enough
Default Re: XeTrade signup 'v' transfermate 'v' banks

Ive given up on xetrade. Took too long to set up and wanted the contact name for my bank manager.

didnt need id for transfermate.com, the limit is £10k at which point you can fax less docs, simple and cheap

Ba$£%&ys banks were a disaster
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Should have gone with UKForex, electronic verification, they send you a letter to your registered address with a codeword on, type the codeword into their website and all done, no upper limits on transactions and better rates than XE (usually).