Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

xbox usa - anyone know how to safely connect 1 in the uk?

xbox usa - anyone know how to safely connect 1 in the uk?

Old Jan 14th 2012, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

powerflower is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink xbox usa - anyone know how to safely connect 1 in the uk?

Okay, got me an xbox from the US brought it back here to the UK.

read a few horror stories on ppl using the wrong power supply and wrecking their homes with flames.

anyone know how to safely do this as in - use the xbox with the us games, which IS legit, in the UK.

Assume the tv is compliamt - so the matter is a proven way of doing the power supply, such that it doesnt blow your house up.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 1:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: xbox usa - anyone know how to safely connect 1 in the uk?

It's duel voltage, so just get a new plug, it should auto switch the voltage, that's assuming you don't have a first gen era machine, but I don't think anyone has any of those anymore.

Mare keeping the live account current though.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming your gamertag was signed up in America then you'll not be able to use any of your features like Netflix etc in the UK. The only solution is to sign up to a new UK gamertag which will then have access to the English apps.

As well as the power theres a compatability issue with the format of things displayed through it and I think the resolution is another adaptor.

With everything that needed changing to make my English one work over here it made more sense to sell it and then buy one over here.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:04 am
Just Joined

more cpmplicated than just getting an appropriate power source.

Questions is - Has anyone here actualy connected a XBox lets assume a brand new one to a UK powere source which has blown up their house?

I know step up and step down voltages majored in physics for my BSc.

it is experience of someone doing it i seek, not supposition.

Last edited by powerflower; Jan 15th 2012 at 9:22 am.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 11:59 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by powerflower
blown up their house?
majored in physics for my BSc.
Really?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

LOL have you got a degree BSC HONS in Physics & quantum physics? have you a degree at all?

Many dont and this is the reason they blow up their homes when they try to use any old adapter with their US purchased xbox in Uk.

once again nothing constructive in terms of experience just futile remarks.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL have you got a degree BSC HONS in Physics & quantum physics? have you a degree at all?

Many dont and this is the reason they blow up their homes when they try to use any old adapter with their US purchased xbox in Uk.

All the threads you have either contributed to or commented on end in this argumentative manner....hope you're enjoying yourself!
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

LOL most comments on the discussion board are opinions, thoughts and not based on facts .

i was asking for constructive and productive input, but i dont need to suffer any such input which isnt.

So, i leave that for those with small minds, and refuse to partake in. Ppl like yoi

Please dont go into mindless exchange to no effect, very futile and maker you look sillier.

Last edited by powerflower; Jan 15th 2012 at 12:17 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL most comments on the discussion board are opinions, thoughts and not based on facts .

I am sure that is over your head.-
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

You are a sad little girl lol
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:22 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Yes I do. BSc (Hons) Physics 1st Class from the University of Edinburgh. Class of 2011.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

i was asking for constructive and productive input, but i dont need to suffer any such input which isnt.

Please dont go into mindless exchange to no effect, very futile and maker you look sillier.
Ditto
I also have a degree, mine's in English if you want some help correcting your spelling and grammar?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

more cpmplicated than just getting an appropriate power source.

Questions is - Has anyone here actualy connected a XBox lets assume a brand new one to a UK powere source which has blown up their house?

I know step up and step down voltages majored in physics for my BSc.

it is experience of someone doing it i seek, not supposition.
Well if you have to ask, then no, you probably shouldn't do it.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 7:54 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried asking through a medium?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

My son (13) says you just need to get a cable direct from Microsoft?

I hope he is right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.