Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Would you do it again?

Would you do it again?

Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:56 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you do it again?

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
You could come over and shoot my gofers
Your husband is one, I guess, who's the other/
Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
You're trespassing on his ancestral land
Squirrels don't have owernership rights, I discriminate against them.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Summed up as "Personal Circumstances"

Some people got it made and love it, others dont and hate it. No one is right or wrong since everyones experiences are personal. Therefore no one has the right to call anyone a Moaner or Whiner if they dont like it nor the right to call someone who does like it.
Spot on.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
South Florida is useful for some things...

Whereabouts are you moving to?
I am already here. Moved from NYC on the 6/13/06 arrived in Fort Lauderdale 6/16/06.
My post should have said "Moved not moving".
Reg. Frank R.

Last edited by frrussre; Sep 21st 2006 at 2:14 am.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:16 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Yep - the brain drain folks
You are, quite obviously, much too young to know about the brain drain of the sixties, or was there a second one?
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:20 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by frrussre
I am already here. Moved from NYC on the 6/13/06 arrived in Fort Lauderdale 6/16/06.
My post should have said "Moved not moving".
Reg. Frank R.
How are you finding the concrete metropolis that is SE Florida? We moved from Boca last december.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:24 am
The Unmod

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Summed up as "Personal Circumstances"

Some people got it made and love it, others dont and hate it. No one is right or wrong since everyones experiences are personal. Therefore no one has the right to call anyone a Moaner or Whiner if they dont like it nor the right to call someone who does like it.
I agreee, to an extent, but some of the unhappy people concentrate only on the agony, instead of setting out to make something good from the experience.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:35 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I agreee, to an extent, but some of the unhappy people concentrate only on the agony, instead of setting out to make something good from the experience.
Not entirely true. Its not always a case of deliberately concentrating on the negative...If everyday feels like shit then dragging yourself up to see the postive can be akin to climbing a mountain. It's like a form of depression. Having attended depressed people attempting suicide reason (and reality) has no place with them generally.

For us it's not so much a case of being unhappy here as more one of on balance deciding the UK fits out current circumstances better. So we can see the positives and negatives on both sides of the pond.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 4:17 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ray
No problem ...Anything small and furry can receive the treatment ...
Would that include also, cats, hampsters, rabbits, mexicans?
Old Sep 21st 2006, 4:18 am
Banned

UFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to allUFsoccergator76 is a name known to all

I personally think living in the US is great. When I get sick, I can go out to Walgreens in the middle of the night and get a prescription my doctor called in for me. When I get hungry at 3AM I can go to the 24 hr diner. There is always somewhere to go and something to do. The girls are great looking and not as fleshy as girls in the UK. Everytime I go back to England to see the family I usually become bored after a few days. All the shops close way too early for my liking. I guess I have become another consumerized American. One thing positive for England, is they have more advanced cell phones in the UK than in the US. I think that if I had not kept in touch with some of my high school friends in England, I would probably come back hardly ever.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Would that include also, cats, hampsters, rabbits, mexicans?
PMSL with the last one you bad Boy
Old Sep 21st 2006, 4:32 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
You are, quite obviously, much too young to know about the brain drain of the sixties, or was there a second one?

I would not know about the 60s brain drain but have heard about it from my elders

I think today it's more a case of cherry-picking who they want rather than mass recruiting
Old Sep 21st 2006, 4:40 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UFsoccergator76
I personally think living in the US is great. When I get sick, I can go out to Walgreens in the middle of the night and get a prescription my doctor called in for me. When I get hungry at 3AM I can go to the 24 hr diner. There is always somewhere to go and something to do...
where bouts are you?

weren't like that in maine, and it's only slighty better here in metro west of Mass...
Old Sep 21st 2006, 4:44 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by britvic
PMSL with the last one you bad Boy
It is my goal in life to make you wet your drawers Vic.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 4:48 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
where bouts are you?

weren't like that in maine, and it's only slighty better here in metro west of Mass...
Even the churches close here for the winter....I don't think we have much open after 9 in the evening....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.