Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Worst service?

Worst service?

Old Nov 4th 2006, 1:30 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worst service?

So where you had the worst service? Especially when eating out?

Tonight was fun, at the local Chilies...which in the bangor one was always really good, but twice, the local one here has been duff.

For a start, the onion bloom for a starter didn't arrive till half way through our meal, so we swapped it for a desert, so they gave it to us for free anyway, but it was burnt.

The missus, her loaded mash spuds were cold, same with the apple side.

Mine, well my loaded mash ended up being garlic mash, and the fries were cold, yes, two spuds, but I wasn't that hungry so wanted to save something to lunch tomorrow...anyway, never got a knife, nor hand wipe for the ribs.

The desert, after a while, well they ran out and we got something else.

The first visit was just as bad, so not going to the local one again...so anyone else have anything bad, or inconsistent with any chains?
Old Nov 4th 2006, 1:31 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst service?

Originally Posted by Bob

Tonight was fun, at the local Chilies...which in the bangor one was always really good, but twice, the local one here has been duff.

For a start, the onion bloom for a starter didn't arrive till half way through our meal, so we swapped it for a desert, so they gave it to us for free anyway, but it was burnt.

Mine, well my loaded mash ended up being garlic mash, and the fries were cold, yes, two spuds, but I wasn't that hungry so wanted to save something to lunch tomorrow...anyway, never got a knife, nor hand wipe for the ribs.

The first visit was just as bad, so not going to the local one again...so anyone else have anything bad, or inconsistent with any chains?
No excuse for that - all they do is take the stuff out of the freezer and heat it up for you.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 2:47 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago Uno Pizzeria on Route 59 in Aurora/Naperville. Had pizzas there more than once with soggy dough still *vomit*. And the staff seemed to think that was "normal". Um... NO!

Worst meal EVER was had there, too. I ordered some stuffed chicken thing. Got to the middle, cut the chicken, thankfully looked before I put it into my mouth. It wasn't fully cooked! That alone, if I'd alerted the health department (kicking myself for not doing so now), would have got them shut down, but I guess they were shite enough that they went out of business anyway just a few years after that. Hurray!
Old Nov 4th 2006, 12:00 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Trust you still tipped 20%? It's the American way!!
Old Nov 4th 2006, 12:01 pm
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
Chicago Uno Pizzeria on Route 59 in Aurora/Naperville. Had pizzas there more than once with soggy dough still *vomit*. And the staff seemed to think that was "normal". Um... NO!

Worst meal EVER was had there, too. I ordered some stuffed chicken thing. Got to the middle, cut the chicken, thankfully looked before I put it into my mouth. It wasn't fully cooked! That alone, if I'd alerted the health department (kicking myself for not doing so now), would have got them shut down, but I guess they were shite enough that they went out of business anyway just a few years after that. Hurray!
've eaten there too and did'nt think much of the service or food, but the one up on Golf Rd. in Schaumburg is a lot better.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 12:40 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Pizza Hut in Blackburn. Was still frozen in the middle.

One place I would never, ever eat at now but used to love when I was a nipper: KFC.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 12:42 pm
The Duchess of Putney

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah

One place I would never, ever eat at now but used to love when I was a nipper: KFC.

Well, at least they provide a handy bucket...
Old Nov 4th 2006, 1:10 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

I can't remember the name of the place now but it's in Phoenix, AZ and all the wait staff dress up in different costumes every night. Went there 3 times (our stupid fault I guess) and the service and food was awful every time. I think that we were trying to give them the benefit of the doubt as they had a fairly good reputation. (Someone out in AZ jog my memory and remind me of the name of the place please! )
Old Nov 4th 2006, 10:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Trust you still tipped 20%? It's the American way!!
The missus gave me a stare when I suggested 8% *lol*...oh well, left a few bucks all the same, wait staff weren't bad, just the kitchen was shite
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:42 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Popeyes
Old Nov 5th 2006, 2:57 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Cucina, cucina. Hubby's birthday 2 weeks ago.
1) 25 mins to take my order (am contacting Al Sharpton)
2) Lipstick on my glass
3) Dirty cutlery
3) No veg
4) then wrong side order
5) nearly finished my main dish when hubby's arrive
6) coffee freezing
7) waiter seemed unfazed by all above.

This was 1 week after taking my family out for my mum's birthday to cheesecake factory, after I recommended it -

computers were out so asked to pay in cash
wrong side orders again
2 main dishes, both pork were RAW in the middle (which I never noticed till later and my Aunt & mum would not say anything as they would think that would spoil the evening )
3rd main dish was just so bad it was uneatable.

Just so glad no one got food poisoning from it (though found my Aunt throwing up in their toilets from the thought of what she had eaten.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few .............

1) Pizza Hut in Fort Edward NY... We got terrible sevice there and when I complained to the waiter he said "I don't blame you, I wouldn't eat here either"
He didn't get a tip
2) Olive Garden in Queensbury NY ....... I ordered a Lasagne and got something about the size of a cooking ladel end.
3) The Ponerosa in Rutland VT .... Ordered 'Real Fish and chips' and got 3 tatty bits of grey scum enclosed in batter and complained strongly. ... They did give me steak to ease my temper.