Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The worst frozen meal ever - Hungry Man!!

The worst frozen meal ever - Hungry Man!!

Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:45 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The worst frozen meal ever - Hungry Man!!

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Ta.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:03 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I'd be interested to know how many of you gave a f**k about your daily cholesterol intake allowance before you came to this hypochondriac filled country.

Now awaiting everyone saying "Oh actually i really did watch my cholesterol in the UK"

Sure you did
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:42 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
I'd be interested to know how many of you gave a f**k about your daily cholesterol intake allowance before you came to this hypochondriac filled country.

Now awaiting everyone saying "Oh actually i really did watch my cholesterol in the UK"

Sure you did

My wife is a nurse. Say no more.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:50 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Never used the word till I came here
Old Dec 21st 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure you did
Hehe, it really is pathetic over here. Lets make up an illness, so the pharmaceutical companies can sell more crap! The latest thing seems to be that effing "restless leg syndrome" - come on people, it's not for real. Another thing I've never heard so much of here is my allergies for this, allergies for that - they wouldn't have these allergies if they had never seen them on TV!

Woops gone a bit OT, sorry.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 2:58 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Hehe, it really is pathetic over here. Lets make up an illness, so the pharmaceutical companies can sell more crap! The latest thing seems to be that effing "restless leg syndrome" - come on people, it's not for real. Another thing I've never heard so much of here is my allergies for this, allergies for that - they wouldn't have these allergies if they had never seen them on TV!

Saying that restless leg syndrome doesn't exist would be going too far. For the VERY SMALL minority who have it, it can ruin their quality of life. But the ads you refer to are now trying to persuade people who are just feeling a bit 'itchy and antsy' that they have RLS, and thus need treatment. Some of them will badger their doc for a Rx and some harrassed docs will prescribe it.

The same happens with anxiety and depression - real conditions, devastating for those who have it, but no reason why so many people who are just finding life a bit difficult should be on SSRIs etc.

Also applies to allergies and much else.

The ads that really gets my hackles up, though, are those that suggest that popping a Pepcid before pigging out on a gluttonous meal is a good idea!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:03 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Sure you did
I did because I have been forced to by my doctor for a few years now, even before I came here. It's an inherent family trait and require medication in most cases in our family. SOrry to spoil your fun rush.

Although since I've been here I've let it lapse unfortunately.

Last edited by TN-Dave; Dec 21st 2005 at 3:03 pm. Reason: //
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:07 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the allergy thing, I mentioned this to my American friends here & I think they thought I was a bit mad. As for restless leg syndrome, I suffer with that from time to time, but I'm not about to start getting pills for it!!!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:07 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I won't touch the meds here. I suffer from Gout and there is an Rx pill I can take to keep it at bay. Not interested. Info on the meds say long term use can cause kidney problems. No thanks.

I found a herbal pill online which I take everyday and (touch wood) I haven't had an attack since.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

I did a double-take in the grocery store the other day when I spotted the Hungry Man 'XXL' meal, which is in a box the size of a small car. It's seriously intended for one person, well one Texas person anyway.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:47 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

They come up with Restless Leg Syndrome, yet where is the help for men with Itchy Scrote Syndrome.. thats a distressing condition to have..

when youre caught scratching them its distressing anyways..
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
I won't touch the meds here. I suffer from Gout and there is an Rx pill I can take to keep it at bay. Not interested. Info on the meds say long term use can cause kidney problems. No thanks.

I found a herbal pill online which I take everyday and (touch wood) I haven't had an attack since.
Haha, good point - all the meds here when advertised on the radio have that disclaimer that is spoken at a million miles and hour and goes something like this: Sideeffectsmayincludehighbloodpressureliverfailure kidneyproblemsdisintergratingjointspshycologicalpr oblemsdifficultybreatinganddeath. Have a nice day!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Haha, good point - all the meds here when advertised on the radio have that disclaimer that is spoken at a million miles and hour and goes something like this: Sideeffectsmayincludehighbloodpressureliverfailure kidneyproblemsdisintergratingjointspshycologicalpr oblemsdifficultybreatinganddeath. Have a nice day!
Roflol!

Rince, you're a man after my own heart!
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 12:51 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
I did because I have been forced to by my doctor for a few years now, even before I came here. It's an inherent family trait and require medication in most cases in our family. SOrry to spoil your fun rush.

Although since I've been here I've let it lapse unfortunately.
ah..so you are a fat bastard from a family of fat bastards then?
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 12:58 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! Brilliant!

That meal looked pretty gross I must say. I'd never eat anything like that anyway as I'm a health freak and don't eat stuff out of packets. How can anyone eat that garbage? I always watched my diet and cholesterol intake but that's because I'm a nurse so of course I would. Having said that there are plenty of unhealthy nurses in my unit. My dad dropped dead of a heart attack though so I always worry about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.