Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

work in the USA

work in the USA

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

ange_61uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question work in the USA

My fiance and i have applied for a K1 visa as we want to get married and me live in the states with him I was wonderin if you can help me ........i can get a job in the states through an internal transfer at work , i work for asda here and am goin to work for wal-mart in the US as they own us..........when i get over to the states how long do i have to wait b4 i can work and is there any way i can speed it up by askin for help from wal-mart ......hope im not buggin you ty ....... thanks in advance ...........Ange
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:21 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Are you the CEO or Chief Financial officer of Asda?

I'd stick to the K1 visa if I were you
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

ange_61uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by manc1976
Are you the CEO or Chief Financial officer of Asda?

I'd stick to the K1 visa if I were you

I am goin to stick to the K1 visa i just wanted to know if i could speed up bein able to work
Ange
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 5:13 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like an excellent plan if you hurry up and join walmart, you might even get onboard the multi-billion law suit going on between Female employees and walmart, that way you can get a huge settlement and never have to work again!
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 5:17 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Manc - thats a bit harsh, 1. even a secratary can potentially qualify for an L1B - you don't need to be senior management, 2. you can expedite processing on an L1 - something not possible on a k1