Reload this Page >

work and school

work and school

Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Reeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work and school

Hi
Im moving out to Sacramento in the summer (if all go's to plan of course) and I am scared about finding work when I get over there. I have a degree from England but it seems impossible for anyone to understand what it means. I also was planning on doing a PGCE to become a teacher before marriage was on the cards and perhaps will train in CA instead. The education system is so different out there and I dont know where to begin with research for jobs and further education. anyone have any suggestions?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work and school

Welcome to BE

So what visa you getting to come over?

As for teaching, look up state requirements, that'll tell you what you need to do...and search for past threads as there's a bit of info around already, if someone general as it all depends on what state your in.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:00 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Welcome to BE

So what visa you getting to come over?

As for teaching, look up state requirements, that'll tell you what you need to do...and search for past threads as there's a bit of info around already, if someone general as it all depends on what state your in.
"VISA? You mean I have to have a credit card to move the US? Won't they let me in with a Master Card? How about American Express - I mean to say, it's got American in the name, so they must let people in with those!"
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:39 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hint to Bob.

Originally Posted by Reeds
Hi
Im moving out to Sacramento in the summer (if all go's to plan of course) and I am scared about finding work when I get over there. I have a degree from England but it seems impossible for anyone to understand what it means. I also was planning on doing a PGCE to become a teacher before marriage was on the cards and perhaps will train in CA instead. The education system is so different out there and I dont know where to begin with research for jobs and further education. anyone have any suggestions?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:24 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Hint to Bob.
Don't I get a hint?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Hint to Bob.
didn't mention the other half being a septic though did he...
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

mikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Reeds
Hi
I live about 15 miles outside Sacramento and have a couple of friends who are teachers around Northern California. If you are still looking for the teaching exam requirements/training, PM me and I will see what I can find out from them.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:39 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaahh Sacramento in the summer, bad air and the heat
I'm an hour away and it's just as bad here.

http://www.ctc.ca.gov/
http://www.ctcexams.nesinc.com/

These might be of use.