Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Work permit and SSN

Work permit and SSN

Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:00 pm
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of
Default Work permit and SSN

My work permit arived on monday, today I went to the SS office and they said I will have my SSN in 7 to 10 days!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:03 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permit and SSN

Originally Posted by mikehope
My work permit arived on monday, today I went to the SS office and they said I will have my SSN in 7 to 10 days!
and???
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:11 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

congrats mikehope (i think) nm manc, he seems terminally cynical about life in general :P (just kidding, dont hunt me down and kill me)
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:13 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
he seems terminally cynical about life in general :P
Last Tuesday did it to me.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:23 pm
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of

Well I just wanted to share as I was pleased, Forgive me, in future I shall reserve my posting to replies for help, or to answer questions.

P.S thankyou torpkevuk
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:25 pm
@matthewb76

Well I just wanted to share as I was pleased, Forgive me, in future I shall reserve my posting to replies for help, or to answer questions.

P.S thankyou torpkevuk
I actually thought you were bitching that it was gonna take 10 days.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:25 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

if you go to the SSN office tomorrow they'll tell you your number. They generate it in the same office you applied, they'll give you a print-out too if you want. you'll get the actual card after 1 week.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:38 pm
Scouse Git

torpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to alltorpkevuk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gross50
if you go to the SSN office tomorrow they'll tell you your number. They generate it in the same office you applied, they'll give you a print-out too if you want. you'll get the actual card after 1 week.
hey goin off topic (sorta but not quite) a bit.
I have an SSN from when I worked on a J1 visa, would that number be valid? the card says "valid to work with INS authorisation" on it.. think i'll need to get a new one?
Old Nov 10th 2004, 6:44 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
hey goin off topic (sorta but not quite) a bit.
I have an SSN from when I worked on a J1 visa, would that number be valid? the card says "valid to work with INS authorisation" on it.. think i'll need to get a new one?
The number should stay the same. But it doesn't mean that you're entitled to use it in the same way.