Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Who isn't going to vote?

Who isn't going to vote?

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who isn't going to vote?

I'm not voting, because I can't.

If you're able to vote and chose not to, then you really don't have anything to bitch about.

Pick the lesser of two evils and vote locally to bring about a change towards something you do agree with.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I would vote if I could.

No party is perfect, one looks a hell of a lot worse than the other from where I sit.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 3:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yes I will be voting...but who I vote for is between me and the ballot box.
Exactly the way I am. Politics and religion are not something I discuss especially at work...
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:31 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I would vote if I could.

No party is perfect, one looks a hell of a lot worse than the other from where I sit.
It's the good old NI method. Do what you can to keep the Republicans out of office ...
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 7:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I will vote on the local and state stuff, but I don't plan to vote for president, I don't like anyone thus far and I am not going to vote for one to keep the other from winning, so I just wont vote.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 12:09 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I will vote on the local and state stuff, but I don't plan to vote for president, I don't like anyone thus far and I am not going to vote for one to keep the other from winning, so I just wont vote.
Neither Obama or Romney inspire me. Maybe you should look at the Greens and Jill Stein.

http://www.gp.org/index.php
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 2:28 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nun
Neither Obama or Romney inspire me. Maybe you should look at the Greens and Jill Stein.

http://www.gp.org/index.php
The Green Party is the only party that is even close to being aligned with me on the 'political compass' but I'd be wary of the same thing happening now as it did when 3rd party votes and Nader votes ended up handing the election to Bush II (can't remember if it was the 2000 or 2004 one though. Could have been both, actually ...)

I actually believe it is important for both parties for Obama to win. For the Democrats to vindicate them that he just wasn't a 'one term president voted in just coz he's black' and for the Republicans so they can stop this nonsense about focusing only on making Obama a one-term president and actually start to focus on what might be good for America instead.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's the good old NI method. Do what you can to keep the Republicans out of office ...
I was brought up in NI. I remember a Sinn Fein slogan from years ago: "Vote Early, Vote Often!"
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

The Green Party is the only party that is even close to being aligned with me on the 'political compass' but I'd be wary of the same thing happening now as it did when 3rd party votes and Nader votes ended up handing the election to Bush II (can't remember if it was the 2000 or 2004 one though. Could have been both, actually ...)

I actually believe it is important for both parties for Obama to win. For the Democrats to vindicate them that he just wasn't a 'one term president voted in just coz he's black' and for the Republicans so they can stop this nonsense about focusing only on making Obama a one-term president and actually start to focus on what might be good for America instead.
+1
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 2:48 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
I was brought up in NI. I remember a Sinn Fein slogan from years ago: "Vote Early, Vote Often!"
I've actually heard that out here a few times as well
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 2:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Exactly the way I am. Politics and religion are not something I discuss especially at work...
Well I'm in good company then.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 2:59 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
I've actually heard that out here a few times as well
Yup according to Wikipedia
...political machine of the 1860: they used "repeaters", who were given five dollars and free liquor to go and vote for recently deceased voters
Sounds like a public service, pity to let potential votes go to waste.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:14 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I wont vote because I can't right now. (I am working on changing that status.. decided it's time).

Still, even when I (hopefully) can vote, I do not believe I will. All politicians strike me as being untrustworthy.... dodgy used car salesmen at best.. religious whackjobs at worst.

As i do not trust any of them to do anything but make themselves richer, there is no one I would vote for.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:16 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
I wont vote because I can't right now. (I am working on changing that status.. decided it's time).

Still, even when I (hopefully) can vote, I do not believe I will. All politicians strike me as being untrustworthy.... dodgy used car salesmen at best.. religious whackjobs at worst.

As i do not trust any of them to do anything but make themselves richer, there is no one I would vote for.
By and large, they are. However, someone has to be in the hot seat, wherein comes the argument for the lesser of two evils.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 4:29 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

By and large, they are. However, someone has to be in the hot seat, wherein comes the argument for the lesser of two evils.
Vote Kang!

Seriously though, you are correct. Despite that, there is no one I would feel comfortable voting for as none of them represent anyone but themselves, so far as i can tell.

The so called "two party system" thing just makes it even worse. Depressing really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.