Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where are you now?

View Poll Results: Where in the US do you reside?
North East
13.58%
Mid Atlantic, Exc NY
9.88%
NY
2.47%
The South, exc FL
28.40%
FL
7.41%
Midwest
17.28%
Southwest
7.41%
West, exc CA
3.70%
CA
9.88%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Where are you now?

Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:09 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where are you now?

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
But this ignores the regional aspects which may come into play when one is identifying themselves as living in a particular region.

Someone who lives in the DC Metro area -- whether they live in DC proper, in the Maryland suburbs or Virginia suburbs -- would consider themselves as living in the mid-Atlantic region, NOT the South. In fact, most other non-Northern Virginians do not consider NoVA as a "real" part of Virginia, anyway, but rather an extension of DC.

Also, most people I know do not consider Florida part of "The South", even though it has a more southern location geographically than other states more associated as being part of "The South" like Georgia or Alabama. (I see this poll sets Florida apart as a separate category, reflecting this reality.)

And technically, the MOST southern state is Hawaii, but I doubt anyone in Hawaii (or anyone else, for that matter) considers Hawaii part of "The South" or even the "South West", for that matter.

~ Jenney
Maybe next time the poll can be "ignoring what the government says, where do you think you live?"