Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where are you now?

View Poll Results: Where in the US do you reside?
North East
13.58%
Mid Atlantic, Exc NY
9.88%
NY
2.47%
The South, exc FL
28.40%
FL
7.41%
Midwest
17.28%
Southwest
7.41%
West, exc CA
3.70%
CA
9.88%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Where are you now?

Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:54 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future
Default Where are you now?

No reason for it, but here is a quick pop poll of the expat board to see where in the US the majority of us reside.

The poll is broken into the usual region classifications but I've seperated NY, FL, and CA because I suspect that these will be the most populated outright. Adding NY % to the Mid Atlantic % will give the true figure for that region, ditto for the others.

For what it's worth, I'm guessing the winner will be the South West.

Classifications

North East:
Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island

Mid Atlantic:
New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Washington, DC, Maryland

The South:
Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and parts of Missouri, Texas and Oklahoma

Midwest:
Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, parts of Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska and eastern Colorado

Southwest:
western Texas, parts of Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada

West:
western Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, California, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Hawaii

Last edited by Chandler; Jun 18th 2005 at 1:58 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 2:57 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Where are you now?

Ha ha ha!

Living in northern New Jersey, (18 miles west as the crow flies from lower Manhatten) I assumed I was living in the North East....but then I read your post and it seems that I live in the 'mid-Atlantic'....LOL!

I've clicked your poll for the wrong area....and I bet I won't be the only one
Old Jun 18th 2005, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are you now?

Since living here, there appears to be a lot more brits in/ around the SF bay.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 6:01 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

South west Illinois -we go where the air force sends us.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:26 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I have to admit to being astounded that CA is in the "West" and not considered South West like it's near neighbour AZ.

I presume this is due to the Americans disinterest in geography
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chandler
No reason for it, but here is a quick pop poll of the expat board to see where in the US the majority of us reside.

The poll is broken into the usual region classifications but I've seperated NY, FL, and CA because I suspect that these will be the most populated outright. Adding NY % to the Mid Atlantic % will give the true figure for that region, ditto for the others.

For what it's worth, I'm guessing the winner will be the South West.

Classifications

North East:
Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island

Mid Atlantic:
New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Washington, DC, Maryland

The South:
Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and parts of Missouri, Texas and Oklahoma

Midwest:
Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, parts of Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska and eastern Colorado

Southwest:
western Texas, parts of Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada

West:
western Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, California, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Hawaii

What's the deal with Missouri being both in the South and Midwest?

Celsius
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit to being astounded that CA is in the "West" and not considered South West like it's near neighbour AZ.

How much more West can you get on the continent?
Ever looked at the top part of California? Not too South, is it?
me=
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Del Mar, San Diego...........love it!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:55 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
The Virginia state capital, Richmond, was the capital of the Confederacy, and having lived in Richmond for a few years now, I understand now why people consider it a Southern state. However, I grew up in Northern Virginian part of the DC Metro area, and that is definitely considered mid-Atlantic, NOT Southern. So I selected mid-Atlantic, and didn't realize Virginia was listed as a Southern state until after the fact.

This poll is misleading.

~ Jenney
Old Jun 19th 2005, 1:12 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Well considering the state runs almost the length of one side of the country, I think categorizing it as West is safest.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 4:26 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Well considering the state runs almost the length of one side of the country, I think categorizing it as West is safest.
fair point.

Seems like the South is running away with it (and that's without FL's help!). Do we have lots of Expat Pat Christians loving it up in the bible belt?
Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:01 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

That would put me mid-Atlantic I guess, unfortunately
Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

I clicked on SW, but perhaps I should have chosen South ? Wonder which parts of Oklahoma are SW ? Panhandle is farthest west but also farthest north. I'm in the SW area of the state
Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

I'm in Arizona and I clicked "west." I can drive to the Pacific Ocean in about five or six hours.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

fair point.

Seems like the South is running away with it (and that's without FL's help!). Do we have lots of Expat Pat Christians loving it up in the bible belt?
Hee hee! Looks like it! Well I am off now to sit on my porch, drink some sweet tea and read my bible while chewing on some tobacco!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.