Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where would you go?

Where would you go?

Old Oct 30th 2005, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Where would you go?

As a Brit what place or places in the US would you most like to visit and what has been the best place you've visited so far?

Same question to the US members that have been to Britain.

Personally, I can wait to get to see Monument Valley, London bridge, Grand Canyon, Sun studios in Memphis, Bonneville salt flats in Utah.

The nicest place so far I guess is where I live, The Adirondacks, NY and Niagara Falls, NY.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where would you go?

Rome has to have been the best place we have visited so far. Loch Lomond, in fact I'll just say the whole of Scotland. North Yorkshire.

Ooops sorry, just saw it was Britain only. Ok, cancel out Rome and throw in Scotland and the North East.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rushman
As a Brit what place or places in the US would you most like to visit and what has been the best place you've visited so far?

Same question to the US members that have been to Britain.

Personally, I can wait to get to see Monument Valley, London bridge, Grand Canyon, Sun studios in Memphis, Bonneville salt flats in Utah.

The nicest place so far I guess is where I live, The Adirondacks, NY and Niagara Falls, NY.
Best so far : The Grand Canyon, Vegas, Catalina Island , New York, San Fran and San Diego
Cant wait for :Yosemite next year and Santa Barbara (next week I think )
Want to go to : Texas, Memphis and Colorado and about a million more .. they better not move us back - I have a lot to see
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Best so far : The Grand Canyon, Vegas, Catalina Island , New York, San Fran and San Diego
Cant wait for :Yosemite next year and Santa Barbara (next week I think )
Want to go to : Texas, Memphis and Colorado and about a million more .. they better not move us back - I have a lot to see
Thats the trouble, theres just so much to see.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Desert southwest - Grand Canyon, etc.

Best so far - the Pacific Northwest with the Cascades, the actual Pacific, the coast, the temperate rain forest, the 1,000-year-old cedars, the wilderness, Mt. Rainier, etc. etc.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:09 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Thats the trouble, theres just so much to see.

and don't you find that the things you live closest to, you never go see? You think, oh no hurry, there's always time and then bam you've moved somewhere else.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cindyabs
and don't you find that the things you live closest to, you never go see? You think, oh no hurry, there's always time and then bam you've moved somewhere else.
I can see that but I was in a hurry to see Niagara when I got here, so we went on the first available weekend.

I would also like to see the crossroads in the deep south where Robert Johnson (Bluesman) was supposed to have sold his soul to the devil. Stupid i know but would like to see it nonetheless.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:15 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Close to me, um, let's see, Peoria, Rockford, Milwaukee. Oh and let's not forget Gary.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:27 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Can't wait for Disney...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would really love to see the Glacier in Montanna on the US/Can border, that looks so beautiful........

Also wouldn't mind San Fran, Washington,Yosemite

Have seen Grand Canyon - lovely jubbly!
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Best place, probably 17 mile drive/Monterey/Pebble Beach and Carmel.

Place I'd love to see=Niagra Falls.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Best place, probably 17 mile drive/Monterey/Pebble Beach and Carmel.

Place I'd love to see=Niagra Falls.

you have to see niagra falls it is unbeliveable,Chicago is nice,New Orleans was great and am sure it will be again sometime......best food I ever had in my life was in NO........NYC is great Vegas is great,the gulf of Mexico is real nice too......Myrtle Beach is nice,Cape Cod is very nice.......some parts of Pensylvania like Hershey and Intercourse PA.......upstate NY there are some great places Lake George is a great place.....get a map out and have fun
Old Oct 30th 2005, 8:57 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Too many places to choose from in the US

Anthony
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:32 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Not true in my case. Since moving to the US, the all my vacations (except trips to family) have been in neighboring or southern states. e.g. been to SC, VA, Washington DC, and FL.

NC Penguin
Old Oct 30th 2005, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Best place so far is a toss up between Mesa Verde country in Colorado where ancient dwellings of the Anasazi (or Puebloan ancestors) can still be seen, and the Talimena Scenic Drive, which goes through the Ouachita
National Forest, between Oklahoma and Arkansas, the Appalacians and the Rockies - breathtaking.

On our list of "must visit nexts" are:
San Antonio, Texas
Grand Tetons/Yellowstone
Nashville or Memphis

We really need two lifetimes to see everything there is!!
Old Oct 31st 2005, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Atlanta skyline, while flying in. Fantastic to then drive though it on I75/85. Only a regional capital, but hugely impressive, considering it is basically all new. I love it here!

For natural sights, I would say Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls the most impressive. However, wilderness is not something we have in the UK, and there is plenty of it here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.