Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where in The World...

Where in The World...

Old Dec 30th 2003, 10:37 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where in The World...

If you weren't in the US where else would you move to? The US wasn't my first choice, Canada was and then the dude proposed so I had to switch plans.

I'm really homesick at the moment (hate Christmas in Spain) so London is a pull but I know that's just nostalgia. If I really had to pick another I'd probably plump for Oz.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 10:40 pm
GJB
dart throwin' doofus

GJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to beholdGJB is a splendid one to behold

Lundy Island, for sure...
Old Dec 30th 2003, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt, I'd stay in Blighty. Never had a desire to move elsewhere, other than where I am now.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 10:52 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

If I wasn't here I'd be in England and I'd stay put!
Old Dec 30th 2003, 10:53 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RoB1833
If I wasn't here I'd be in England and I'd stay put!
If I could turn the clock back I'd never have sold up and moved to Spain. I'd defo have stayed in London.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 2:23 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Montserrat or Cambridgeshire - not much of a difference there then

Patrick

Montserrat is my dream location, I doubt if I would of tried to live there.

(I preferred pre Volcanic Montserrat but still love it post)
Old Dec 31st 2003, 4:22 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Can I add to the question - If you could live anywhere in the world if money was no object ?

It would be London for me - but somewhere warm for the winter.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

crazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant futurecrazydaisy has a brilliant future

We're off to Canada soon but the ultimate aim is to move to the West coast of Ireland where the hubby's family originate from. I've got a horrible feeling though that we'd end up missing the Canadian snowy winters and hot summers so it maybe reviewed further down the line!! If we do ever have to pack up and return to the UK, I'd prefer to go to one of the islands like Isle of Wight, Isle of Man or even Jersey or Guernsey. The thought of going back to all those traffic jams and cramped houses in the built up parts of the UK just makes me feel sick!
Old Dec 31st 2003, 10:42 am
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by Webbie
Can I add to the question - If you could live anywhere in the world if money was no object ?

It would be London for me - but somewhere warm for the winter.
If money was no object then I'd do 8 months in London and 4 months sailing round the Carib every year. Stopping at Islands I like the look of and sailing on when I got bored.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

WolfTracker is an unknown quantity at this point

if money was not a concerned or retirement
prob a nice ranch on the south island of New Zealand
or a big Cabin somewhere in Jackson Hole,WY or some part of Wyoming...
<heads to get a few more powerball quickpicks for tonight>

or where we are now in the rural part of tucson arizona
in the end i guess, side by side with my beloved
Old Dec 31st 2003, 11:50 am
Moderated

matt_in_philly is an unknown quantity at this point

UK of E
Old Dec 31st 2003, 12:46 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

County Clare or County Kerry in Ireland for me.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 12:52 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

For us it'd have to be...

Colorado, for the skiing and trips to the Caribbean for chilling out and getting a tan.

It would be Oz but I don't think I could stick being sat on a plane for that long every time I wanted to see my family!!

Oh well, off to Colorado next month for a week; that'll do for starters!
Old Dec 31st 2003, 1:26 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in The World...

Originally posted by sibsie
If you weren't in the US where else would you move to? The US wasn't my first choice, Canada was and then the dude proposed so I had to switch plans.

I'm really homesick at the moment (hate Christmas in Spain) so London is a pull but I know that's just nostalgia. If I really had to pick another I'd probably plump for Oz.
I don't mean to pry sibsie but when your partner proposed, was there no debate as to where the two of you would live together? I'm getting the impression that you didn't have any choice but to move to the US.

NC Penguin
Old Dec 31st 2003, 1:49 pm
C.G.D.S

Long story. I left England two years ago and moved to Spain. I can't begin to describe how much I hate it here. I didn't want to go back to London at that time, so having Canadian citizenship as well, I decided to move to Canada.

The reasons behind that were that it's a really progressive country, great for my industry (film and tv) and was a hell of a lot nearer to the other half.

Then he proposed. He wouldn't consider living in Europe. He loves where he is in Rockport, which is a pretty seaside town and he has a place on his family's horse farm. As well as being a pilot he has his own business with a good customer base and a son. I had the more portable life so the only real option was for me to live there.

Workwise it's not that great for me but Boston is better than other places for TV. At the moment I am really homesick for London but hopefully once I'm out of AP hell I'll be able to pop back a lot more. I haven't been back since I moved here.

I have spent an awful lot of time in the US but I don't love it as much as I used to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.