Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where to get ADIT photos in US (speifically Detroit)

Where to get ADIT photos in US (speifically Detroit)

Old Jun 20th 2002, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

RickQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to get ADIT photos in US (speifically Detroit)

We are going to the INS tomorrow to file for AOS for myself and I have been looking through the paperwork. It looks like we will need some ADIT photos to take with us, but I can't find anywhere to get them made except at a professional studio.

I have tried Kinko's and the local post office and I have also tried searching on-line for passport photos. The only places I found seem to only do the front on passport photos and they charge a fortune for them.

Is there any other alternative to Kinko's/a professional photographer?

Rick
Old Jun 20th 2002, 9:20 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: Where to get ADIT photos in US (speifically Detroit)

Any place that does passport should do them. It's can be done with the same polaroid
equipment. It's the same process just a turn of the head. I am not sure about the
size. My wife had some ADITs taken at Costco.

What was the reason the passport photo places said it couldn't be done?

RickQ wrote:
    >
    > We are going to the INS tomorrow to file for AOS for myself and I have been looking
    > through the paperwork. It looks like we will need some ADIT photos to take with us,
    > but I can't find anywhere to get them made except at a professional studio.
    >
    > I have tried Kinko's and the local post office and I have also tried searching
    > on-line for passport photos. The only places I found seem to only do the front on
    > passport photos and they charge a fortune for them.
    >
    > Is there any other alternative to Kinko's/a professional photographer?
    >
    > Rick
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 20th 2002, 10:21 pm
Aangiela

I had mine done at Mail Boxes Etc. They were like $10 for the pair.

Old Jun 20th 2002, 11:20 pm
Lindsay

I got mine done at Kinko's and they knew exactly what I meant when I said,
"Immigration photos"--plus I'd had them done several times before and knew the
specifications as well. They only cost me $9.95 for the two.

"mrtravel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Any place that does passport should do them. It's can be done with the same
    > polaroid equipment. It's the same process just a turn of the head. I am not sure
    > about the size. My wife had some ADITs taken at Costco.
    >
    > What was the reason the passport photo places said it couldn't be done?
    >
    > RickQ wrote:
    > >
    > > We are going to the INS tomorrow to file for AOS for myself and I have been
    > > looking through the paperwork. It looks like we will need some ADIT photos to
    > > take with us, but I can't find anywhere to get them made except at a professional
    > > studio.
    > >
    > > I have tried Kinko's and the local post office and I have also tried searching
    > > on-line for passport photos. The only places I found seem to only do the front on
    > > passport photos and they charge a fortune for them.
    > >
    > > Is there any other alternative to Kinko's/a professional photographer?
    > >
    > > Rick
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 21st 2002, 6:21 am
Zahgon

RickQ <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > We are going to the INS tomorrow to file for AOS for myself and I have been looking
    > through the paperwork. It looks like we will need some ADIT photos to take with us,
    > but I can't find anywhere to get them made except at a professional studio.
    >
    > I have tried Kinko's and the local post office and I have also tried searching
    > on-line for passport photos. The only places I found seem to only do the front on
    > passport photos and they charge a fortune for them.
    >
    > Is there any other alternative to Kinko's/a professional photographer?
    >
    > Rick

Hey Rick, I'm in the Detroit area and I had mine taken at Sears for around $10 (per
pair). While I had seen many people ont this board mention that any place that did
passport pics would do ADIT pics, that didn't seem to be the case around here at
least. I called a few different places that did passport pics and they wouldn't do
them. In fact Walgreens told me they had too many people complaining that they had to
have their pics re-taken because they were unacceptable. Sears uses a measuring tool
with INS specs on it to insure they're correct. Hope this helps.

John

Old Jun 21st 2002, 6:21 am
Mrtravel

Zahgon wrote

> act Walgreens told me they had too many people complaining that they had to have
    > their pics re-taken because they were unacceptable.

Interesting.. Rather than fix they problem, they simply decided they didn't want
extra money for photo equipment they already have and employees they already have
working. It isn't that difficult to teach someone how to take an ADIT photo if they
have been taking passport pix.

Old Jun 21st 2002, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

RickQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the info guys. The crisis has been averted however. I found some other pics which I had taken in the UK just before I came over.

One thing I don't understand is why there aren't the little booths that you find in the UK. They are all over the place. I can think of at least half a dozen within 5 miles of where my rents live. If someone opened a few up around here and did not charge much. they would make a fortune.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Rick
Old Jun 22nd 2002, 2:20 am
Michele Sharik

We ran into the same problem in Cleveland. Places that did passport photos said
they didn't do immigration photos, Kinkos included. We ended up just going through
the "Photographer" section of the Yellow Pages until we found the ones that did
ADIT photos & got prices. We went to a small studio where the lady knew exactly
what to do.

Good luck,

--
-Michèle (US) & Brian (CAN) Detailed Timeline: http://ladysun1969.tripod.com Oct 11,
2000: met in person June 16, 2001: married in Las Vegas July 10, 2001: submitted
I-485/I-130 package (Cleveland) August 14, 2001: EAD & SSN August 17, 2001:
fingerprints August 21, 2001: AP January 21, 2002: moved to San Francisco May 28,
2002: AOS interview (SF) -- given 90 day Continuance for Medical Exam June 1, 2002:
INS Medical Exam June 14, 2002: CPR Approved!! WOO-HOO!

"mrtravel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Any place that does passport should do them. It's can be done with the same
    > polaroid equipment. It's the same process just a turn of the head. I am not sure
    > about the size. My wife had some ADITs taken at Costco.
    >
    > What was the reason the passport photo places said it couldn't be done?