Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Where do you get your cheap flights?

Wikiposts

Where do you get your cheap flights?

Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do you get your cheap flights?

Originally Posted by RaiseTheDead
Can we can the corn, and stay on topic please? I don't come here to watch you two play footsie..It's disgusting.
in case you hadn't noticed, threads do go OT, but as this isn't one of your threads, who cares.

And stop playing the bint, no one cares, especially when it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I'd be more worried about getting all my luggage together at the other end
he's a bloke, carry on is all he needs, he can turn his undies inside out, sorted
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:30 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Seriously unless you book in advance of 7 days before departure...you're going to be paying a lot more. On top of that July/Aug are the most expensive months to fly.
or if he's got some bottle, buy it at the desk last minute for a standby ticket, if he doesn't need a connecting flight or have anyone waiting at the other end, could get a BA flight for £100, down side would be, he'd have to lug his rubbish till the last minute when it gets checked in before the flight, and if the flights full, he'll get punted onto the next available flight...cheap way for the likes of the great unwashed
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
he's a bloke, carry on is all he needs, he can turn his undies inside out, sorted
No not if I know Rushy, he's a snazzy dresser that one and would be just as bad as us women with the amount of luggage
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
or if he's got some bottle, buy it at the desk last minute for a standby ticket, if he doesn't need a connecting flight or have anyone waiting at the other end, could get a BA flight for £100, down side would be, he'd have to lug his rubbish till the last minute when it gets checked in before the flight, and if the flights full, he'll get punted onto the next available flight...cheap way for the likes of the great unwashed
I asked Continental about standby's to the UK a couple of years ago...I was told they are no longer available. Not sure about other airlines though.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
He is taking his Son with him so doubt he would want all that piss farting about.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I asked Continental about standby's to the UK a couple of years ago...I was told they are no longer available. Not sure about other airlines though.
I have no choice but to pay through the nose with Continenal
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

It's been a while here myself, but that's what I've always gotten through BA, don't know if they still offer it for outside family tickets though.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:00 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
I've tried the Expedia, Travelocity blah blah blah sites and for this Thursday evening (11th) to Heathrow with a return 3 weeks later and the stupid website has their telephone number in the box for the price quote. Either that or they are all in the region of $1,500 hmy

I was looking at half that.

Squeek Squeek.

Thursday is the 12th. Air India has a flight for that night departing at 19.45, from JFK, with a return date of 2nd August, for $794.20, which includes taxes. Hope that helps.

http://www.airindia.co.in/yatrik/yatrik.jsp

Last edited by mozoo; Jul 10th 2007 at 6:27 am. Reason: website address
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:15 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Travel in style, almost free, and as much legroom as you need...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/10/fly....ap/index.html
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

maggster will become famous soon enoughmaggster will become famous soon enough

I have found reasonable flights with

http://www.1800flyeurope.com/

Might be worth checking them out.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:12 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I'm sorted. Fly out tomorrow evening. Have to say a very big thank you to Cindy for taking the time out to do abit of checking for me and then coming up Trumps. Cindy you are a star, thank you very much.

Got a very good deal for this time of year but also the dates/times and airports I wanted.

Also thanks to Fatbrit for mention Cindy in the first place.

I cant believe I am going to be tucking into an egg and bacon sandwich with HP on it this weekend.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm sorted. Fly out tomorrow evening. Have to say a very big thank you to Cindy for taking the time out to do abit of checking for me and then coming up Trumps. Cindy you are a star, thank you very much.

Got a very good deal for this time of year but also the dates/times and airports I wanted.

Also thanks to Fatbrit for mention Cindy in the first place.

I cant believe I am going to be tucking into an egg and bacon sandwich with HP on it this weekend.
Great stuff so have you still got enough time to play with our little friend
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by britvic
Great stuff so have you still got enough time to play with our little friend
If you mean RTD then no. The novelty has worn off and its obviously Haggerwood.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you mean RTD then no. The novelty has worn off and its obviously Haggerwood.
you maybe right, old haggy was always nice to me anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.