Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's on your list of swag for visitors to bring you?

What's on your list of swag for visitors to bring you?

Old Apr 1st 2012, 10:29 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's on your list of swag for visitors to bring you?

Old Apr 1st 2012, 11:56 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

IF we had visitors and they were able to, I'd ask for roses.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 2:00 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Not a bad idea about the kids magazines...will have to ask about possibly getting Pepper Pig and Charlie and Lola type Annuals, if they have any...and anything to do with those shows as the little one loves them both.
They do magazines every fortnight for both peppa pig and Charlie and Lola. Ours gets them shipped out. They are both pretty cute with loads of things to do in them. They also do Charlie and Lola stickers books and "my big book of sticking and doing". We recorded all the Charlie and Lola's from Nick Jnr at about 2am every day.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 3:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Tell her to fly business class - her baggage allowance will be 2 or 3 suitcases in there.
Can't afford it...
Old Apr 1st 2012, 3:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
They do magazines every fortnight for both peppa pig and Charlie and Lola. Ours gets them shipped out. They are both pretty cute with loads of things to do in them. They also do Charlie and Lola stickers books and "my big book of sticking and doing". We recorded all the Charlie and Lola's from Nick Jnr at about 2am every day.
That's awesome, cheers!
Old Apr 1st 2012, 8:56 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

My Dad is visiting in May, I'm asking him for Ringtons teabags and Mars bars
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

arran29 will become famous soon enough

PG Tips?They are horrible, you can buy Twinings Tea here, loose leaf and bags. I'd get Fry's chocolate creme, M & S chocolate gingers, and any other kind of M & S food that wouldn't spoil on the plane. I have ordered some in the past which was a great treat cos it costs a fortune.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:37 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arran29
PG Tips?They are horrible, you can buy Twinings Tea here, loose leaf and bags. I'd get Fry's chocolate creme, M & S chocolate gingers, and any other kind of M & S food that wouldn't spoil on the plane. I have ordered some in the past which was a great treat cos it costs a fortune.
I guess everyone's taste in tea is different. Over the years I've tried to like Twinings (for some reason the brand is widely distributed here..) but I've always found their varieties tasteless, insipid, generally undrinkable.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 3:08 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I guess everyone's taste in tea is different. Over the years I've tried to like Twinings (for some reason the brand is widely distributed here..) but I've always found their varieties tasteless, insipid, generally undrinkable.
Oh yes, I agree! I find Twinings weak. You can't beat the taste from PG Tips' tetrahedon teabag, LOL!

However, I've given up on finding PG Tips over here in the States--just too expensive. I make do with Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast teabags in the green box. (Not the British Breakfast, but the Irish; they're stronger.) The teabag isn't any special shape, but they do nicely in my pot.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 3:17 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
Oh yes, I agree! I find Twinings weak. You can't beat the taste from PG Tips' tetrahedon teabag, LOL!

However, I've given up on finding PG Tips over here in the States--just too expensive. I make do with Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast teabags in the green box. (Not the British Breakfast, but the Irish; they're stronger.) The teabag isn't any special shape, but they do nicely in my pot.
I quite like the Yorkshire Gold teabags, I stock up when we go to the big city. (can't buy them around here.)
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 3:27 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
I quite like the Yorkshire Gold teabags, I stock up when we go to the big city. (can't buy them around here.)
Hmm do you mean as in NYC big city, or just an ordinary city? I don't think I've noticed Yorkshire Gold teabags near me in CT . . .
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:06 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Hmm do you mean as in NYC big city, or just an ordinary city? I don't think I've noticed Yorkshire Gold teabags near me in CT . . .
For us the Big City is Burlington, VT... a mere 130 miles from here. (A matter of perspective, I realise that not everyone would consider Burlington a big city!)
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by arran29
PG Tips?They are horrible, you can buy Twinings Tea here, loose leaf and bags.
I know you can and just like some amazing teas you can get from Teavana, they just aren't worth the silly cost to me though.

I like PG Tips....I like Tetleys too, not actually all that bothered really, but then my mother was about to 1000 PG Tips for a fiver so I'm not going to complain about what she brings.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

They are quick, easy and convenient aren't they...and as I'm the only one in the place that drinks tea, I really can't be bothered with loose tea leaves and a pot, even though I've got a nice Bodum teapot.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

http://www.amazon.com/Taylors-Harrog...3386830&sr=8-1

$18 for 160 count...think that's a bit pricey myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.