Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's Rudy going to do now?

What's Rudy going to do now?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:24 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's Rudy going to do now?

Originally Posted by ugacrew
He should have a nine-eleven-ectomy from his vocabulary. Poor guy doesn't know when to quit falling back on that.

I would refer to him as 9iu11ani

Saw a great pic the other day which made me giggle......
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

My son works (Rude 5 letter word) in the campus hotel. He lives in the East Campus Apt style housing, 4BR 2 bath deal. Just told me he and pals are looking at 5 bed house, off campus for Aug 2008. How the rich live.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:40 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
My son works (Rude 5 letter word) in the campus hotel. He lives in the East Campus Apt style housing, 4BR 2 bath deal. Just told me he and pals are looking at 5 bed house, off campus for Aug 2008. How the rich live.
Reg. Frank R.
You know I had a girlfriend that worked at the campus hotel and I remember how she hooked us up with food from there since we (my sister and I) were starving students. What year is your son in? I think I have a good idea where he's at. Is it in the center part of campus near the stadium? If he's a senior then off-campus living might be ideal. However so much crap happens when you have roommates and a lease. All you have to to do is watch day time TV and see all the court cases on Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown about leases, subletting, and payment of utilities. He just doesn't know that he's got it easy right now. Not having to worry about parking and getting to class on time. It's so much more easier to live on campus.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:44 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

However so much crap happens when you have roommates and a lease. All you have to to do is watch day time TV and see all the court cases on Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown about leases, subletting, and payment of utilities.
And you gotta pay more companies more dollars for utilities in a house vs an apartment. On the other hand, kids these days are spoilt with all-you-can-gab long distance.... wasn't around when I was at uni and we had to go over the long distance bill to calculate who owed what.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:54 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
And you gotta pay more companies more dollars for utilities in a house vs an apartment. On the other hand, kids these days are spoilt with all-you-can-gab long distance.... wasn't around when I was at uni and we had to go over the long distance bill to calculate who owed what.
I totally agree with what you are saying. It's just piece of mind knowing that your housing payment takes care of everything and you don't have to worry about your roommate cuffing the cash or not making his payment to the landlord thus putting you into position for being evicted. Too much drama.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

You know I had a girlfriend that worked at the campus hotel and I remember how she hooked us up with food from there since we (my sister and I) were starving students. What year is your son in? I think I have a good idea where he's at. Is it in the center part of campus near the stadium? If he's a senior then off-campus living might be ideal. However so much crap happens when you have roommates and a lease. All you have to to do is watch day time TV and see all the court cases on Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown about leases, subletting, and payment of utilities. He just doesn't know that he's got it easy right now. Not having to worry about parking and getting to class on time. It's so much more easier to live on campus.
Boy wonder, is second yr. Will be a junior, when he (Might) get this off campus house. Yep, I have personally heard all the nightmares of house shares. Have friends children, that it has happened to. Unpaid bills etc. I keep trying to speak up, I am just the old daft English guy. Her at home "Oh he's my boy", only sees roses, great girl, never seen a half full bottle, "Its always full up", says "its ok, my boy has to be with his pals, can't be left out". I am fighting the uphill battle.
Yes, I agree much easier living on campus + he actually lives in his own apt, with 3 other people. 4 bed 2 bath, living room & kitchen, its on campus & he has unlimited food package.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:53 pm
Riding on silver wings

Boy wonder, is second yr. Will be a junior, when he (Might) get this off campus house. Yep, I have personally heard all the nightmares of house shares. Have friends children, that it has happened to. Unpaid bills etc. I keep trying to speak up, I am just the old daft English guy. Her at home "Oh he's my boy", only sees roses, great girl, never seen a half full bottle, "Its always full up", says "its ok, my boy has to be with his pals, can't be left out". I am fighting the uphill battle.
Yes, I agree much easier living on campus + he actually lives in his own apt, with 3 other people. 4 bed 2 bath, living room & kitchen, its on campus & he has unlimited food package.
Reg. Frank R.
Well you've got someone else out there that is with you on this. I'm sure I don't have to say anything else on the subject as I would be preaching to the choir. Oh well....what can you do. Also mention the safety issue.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Reg. Frank R.
Hello me dear.