Reload this Page >

What's after fingerprinting

What's after fingerprinting

Old Oct 14th 2002, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's after fingerprinting

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the next thing will be after fingerprinting? My husband will go on OCT 18th for fingerprinting. He already has his EAD and SSN.
I am just trying to know what to expect next!

Thanks Ali
Old Oct 14th 2002, 11:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's after fingerprinting

Originally posted by Aliluv:
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the next thing will be after fingerprinting? My husband will go on OCT 18th for fingerprinting. He already has his EAD and SSN.
I am just trying to know what to expect next!

Thanks Ali
An appointment letter in the mail for your AOS interview. That is the only thing left ;-)

Rete
Old Oct 15th 2002, 2:48 pm
Dataangel

Aliluv wrote in message news:...
    > Hi all,
    > Can anyone tell me what the next thing will be after fingerprinting? My
    > husband will go on OCT 18th for fingerprinting. He already has his EAD
    > and SSN.
    > I am just trying to know what to expect next!
    > Thanks Ali

LOTS of waiting!

We're in the same place. Ian's got his EAD and SSN. He's working
part-time and looking for a full-time job. He was fingerprinted at
the end of August, and now we're just waiting and waiting for the
interview appointment.

THIS kind of waiting is bearable, though. We're together, he's
working, he's legal, and we're together. Did I mention that?

Old Oct 15th 2002, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point

Rete,

I wanted to say thanks for all your informative replies. I appreciate it.

Also will the INS give me a list of what to bring to the interview? or am I supposed to get it from their website!
Thanks to all who helped me through this process.

I will let everyone know how long it takes to get the interview appt.

Ali
Old Oct 15th 2002, 6:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Aliluv:
Rete,

I wanted to say thanks for all your informative replies. I appreciate it.

Also will the INS give me a list of what to bring to the interview? or am I supposed to get it from their website!
Thanks to all who helped me through this process.

I will let everyone know how long it takes to get the interview appt.

Ali
9 out of 10 times, yes with the appointment letter will come a list of what to bring. In case you don't get it, it is normally:

joint checking, savings accounts, leases, deeds in both names, auto registration and/or auto insurance (if in both names), letters from employers stating marital status claimed, beneficiary of employment sponosored health, life, 401K plans, latest and greatest tax return if since filing a new tax filing has occurred, anything and everything that proves your marriage, i.e. cards w/envelopes addressed to you both for holidays and special occasions, credit card(s) and bills, ultility bills, a few wedding photos, a copy of the invitations if you had an invitation, you get the idea.

Give them the copies and you the original but bring the originals to the interview in case they are asked for.

Also bring the letter of appointment, receipt from fingerprinting, the I-797 if he was a K-1 visaholder, passport, EAD and A/P documents

Rete