Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's this about Home Depot??

Wikiposts

What's this about Home Depot??

Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:17 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's this about Home Depot??

Originally Posted by Boiler
I went to buy a pressure washer, electric. I was a bit jet lagged and was asked if I wanted a Gas one, total confusion as to how you could operated one with a gas cylinder.

And do not mention faucets.
I asked for a Yankee screwdriver at a tool store once in my Brit accent, the guy thought I was taking the piss, until his mate told him there was such a thing
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:20 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

'Suspenders' to hold my toolbelt up was another fascinating conversation
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:22 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

With all due respect, street after street of terrace houses don't set my heart to singing either......
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
Was the Post Office earlier. They have a new machine thingie in there that I hadn't seen before. Was just browsing it, and an older American fella was mumbling under his breath how these machines are taking jobs away from folk, and he's right.

I refuse to do the self-checkout thing at the grocery stores for that very reason. If they could, they'd have one person working the entire store and machines everywhere. I prefer the human contact thankyouverymuch.
Oh I hate those self checkout things. The people that use them are the same people who block the fast lane doing 60mph. They bugger about, tell their kids to go and get another packet of chips, stop everything and realize they need a packet of fags, can't scan their apples because they can't find the label etc. Meanwhile they're oblivious to the queue that's building up behind them.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cindyabs
With all due respect, street after street of terrace houses don't set my heart to singing either......
You've got point there. But you've got to admit that lots of identikit strip malls lacks a certain character. At least the terraced houses have a history...all be it a shitty black victorian one normally.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:17 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
You've got point there. But you've got to admit that lots of identikit strip malls lacks a certain character. At least the terraced houses have a history...all be it a shitty black victorian one normally.
Which is why Manc wants the Royal Family moved into them, pronto.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 10:48 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I miss my terrace houses.......
Old Oct 7th 2005, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by krizzy
How many did you have?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
That was my first house in Aldershot, it had the biggest gardin out of any of the other's I lived, and the best neighbour's
Old Oct 7th 2005, 11:33 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least the Victorian ones have some neat character features inside. It's the post WWII ones that don't appeal to me.
Now if someone would give me a thatched cottage............
Old Oct 7th 2005, 11:37 am

Give me an American detached anytime, where you can't hear the next door neighbours banging against the headboard or arguing. History has it's drawbacks (so to speak)
Old Oct 7th 2005, 11:43 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Give me an American detached anytime, where you can't hear the next door neighbours banging against the headboard or arguing. History has it's drawbacks (so to speak)

True, we set a comforter on fire when we were staying in the other half of what had been a 16th century inn. The bedroom was up two flights of stairs with the bed shoved under the beams on the side of the room. We'd have been up the creek if we'd had to try to get out of it.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:26 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

How many did you have?
Three.........only have one left now..........
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:29 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

True, we set a comforter on fire when we were staying in the other half of what had been a 16th century inn. The bedroom was up two flights of stairs with the bed shoved under the beams on the side of the room. We'd have been up the creek if we'd had to try to get out of it.
Cindy, I'm trying to figure this out. You *set a comforter on fire*. How did you manage that, especially if you weren't in the bedroom at the time?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:32 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Apart from the new baby crying for a few months in the house in Southsea.........we never heard anyone from next door unless they were in the garden.......I miss chatting to the next door neigbours in the garden....everyone in the USA are always so busy.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.