Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What Wouldn't You Miss?

What Wouldn't You Miss?

Old Jan 13th 2005, 3:07 am
Brit'n'TX

Default Re: What Wouldn't You Miss?

Originally Posted by tomelina
Welcome, welcome. I am new here too. I see you are a fellow wino, I mean wine drinker. I am just about to have a few glasses myself with dinner, cabernet I think?
late dinner, Tom old boy?

Old Jan 13th 2005, 3:34 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monk
Well i am new and have had a couple of glasses of wine, so ignore my punctuation (never was my strong point)! But here goes.
1.Southerner's (it took me 2 month's to realize my neighbour's was saying "ha bout it now", what the **** does that mean ?)
2.George Bush's face.
3.Crap telly
4.Constant heat(Hey, Georgia some snow would be nice!)
5 Crazy driver's,(I've been here over 2 years, do you people not know what a turn signal is, oh or a stop sign!!!)
6.Religion .(First question i was asked when i got here was, do i have a church yet , told him yer it was called the church of my bed.)
7.Trailer trash, please someone tell me why do they always move next to me!
8.Well i could go on for a while but it's getting late and the wine is taking affect, so i will say farewell and go to bed dreaming about crazy driver's and heaven forbid George Bush , now there's a way to stop sleep.

I've lived here in Georgia 12 years and as one of those damnyankees they go on about I have to agree with some of your observations. On the Religion thing, that is SO true. I was discussing that with my best friend who lives in Virginia which is also a bastion of the Confederacy. She said in Virginia though the first question you are asked is who's your momma and who's your daddy. Guess they're more concerned about your pedigree than the state of your soul!
Trailer trash? Yeah, down the road from me are some folks who live in a trailer and burn their trash in the front yard. 150 feet away from the trailer is the entrance to an estate where they're putting up $200,000 + homes
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I would definately not miss... just driven to the shop, on the way back drove past a restaurant that was advertising tonights special as Chicken Curry, as we don't see that very often round here, thought I'd stop and have a look, to my horror, they were serving chunks of chicken breast, in a spicy cream sauce on......a bed of PENNE PASTA!!!! What the f&*k!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:16 am
Brit'n'TX

a little quote from my karma collection :

Looks like those of us who agree with you about Patrick have upped your Karma
you might say that, I couldn't possibly comment ..

Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:34 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit'n'TX
late dinner, Tom old boy?
No we usually eat about 8 or so.
I see you are having an aperitif or two.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:38 am
Brit'n'TX

Originally Posted by tomelina
No we usually eat about 8 or so.
I see you are having an aperitif or two.
or six ...

Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

or six ...
why stop there then
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:52 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

or six ...
Why not? It is nearly the weekend, give or take a day or two.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:24 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I am shocked and horrified by the turn of this thread ...As a senior citizen of somewhere or other....I am not used to such bitterness between two people
for really no good reason... You are both usually very talented and caustic writers with both humor and good intent... So as a favor to a kindly old man could it just cease.. there are plenty of others that need the treatment...

Now if you both want to tell me to **** off and mind my own business, please use the Karma box in the lower left corner and leave your message...
and I will accept that ...I'm am just a simple man and could not trade wits at both your superior levels... R

PS.. my Karma points far exceed both of yours... so there...Ray.. the well known Mr Nice Guy...
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:07 am
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Hmm to have a go at the theme of the thread, what wouldn’t I miss:

1. People who think this is the best country in the world having never actually left it.
2.$250 a month fees for health care for just me, not the wife, as a student!
3.Having to get injections for things I don’t want, hepatitis B, in order to register as a student and then finding out that the $120 a time injections aren’t covered by my ****ing $250 a month of ****ing insurance.
4.$32,000 a year of tuition fees for an education.
5.Feeling like everyone selling you something is always trying to cheat you.
6.Not being able to feel that someone ever provides a decent well priced service without feeling like you have been ****ed.
7.Being called up constantly to ask if I want to buy things.
8.Twats who can’t park in the small streets of Cambridge MA and use up all the space so I have to park three ****ing streets away.
9.Shit beer like Harp being priced like premium import.
10.40 ****ing dollars for a bottle of Baileys.
11.Over priced and crappy quality goods.
12.Relentless advertising/brainwashing.
13.The irony of the utterly failed war on drugs in a society that has relentless drug advertising suggesting the solution to every problem in your life is in ****ing tablet form.
14.Religion.
15.Religious people.
16.My wife’s crazy religious redneck family.
17.George W.(****ing) Bush.
18.Anyone who is not a millionaire who actually believes Bush is doing shit to help them or their family.
19.The utter astounding hypocrisy of the Republican party that can so systematically destroy the family life of the American middle class and call it moral family values!
20.The shitty pitiful ‘he said, she said’ excuse for a mainstream so called liberal media that lets them get away with it.
21.The fear that I could be arrested by the FBI and chucked into a secret prison with no recourse to a judge because some mad Christian neighbor grassed me up for saying Bush should die for his shitty policies.
22.I could go on and on but you get the drift!

Oh and if there’s any pro Bush types waiting to tell me to go home. Then:

1.**** you.
2.Send me the money I need to leave and I am ****ing gone.

Regards,

Duncs.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:14 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncs

1. People who think this is the best country in the world having never actually left it.
3.Having to get injections for things I don’t want, hepatitis B, in order to register as a student and then finding out that the $120 a time injections aren’t covered by my ****ing $250 a month of ****ing insurance.
6.Not being able to feel that someone ever provides a decent well priced service without feeling like you have been ****ed.
8.Twats who can’t park in the small streets of Cambridge MA and use up all the space so I have to park three ****ing streets away.
13.The irony of the utterly failed war on drugs in a society that has relentless drug advertising suggesting the solution to every problem in your life is in ****ing tablet form.
14.Religion.
15.Religious people.
18.Anyone who is not a millionaire who actually believes Bush is doing shit to help them or their family.
19.The utter astounding hypocrisy of the Republican party that can so systematically destroy the family life of the American middle class and call it moral family values!
20.The shitty pitiful ‘he said, she said’ excuse for a mainstream so called liberal media that lets them get away with it.
21.The fear that I could be arrested by the FBI and chucked into a secret prison with no recourse to a judge because some mad Christian neighbor grassed me up for saying Bush should die for his shitty policies.

1.**** you.

Regards,

Duncs.
But, generally, you like the place then?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:20 am
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fatbrit
But, generally, you like the place then?
Well on the upside I can buy me a machine gun!!!

(although not in Massachsusetts of course! )
Old Jan 13th 2005, 12:06 pm
Brit'n'TX

14.Religion.
15.Religious people.

1.**** you.

Regards,

Duncs.
the cheque is in the post ...

Old Jan 13th 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

14.Religion.
15.Religious people.

Duncs.
So you do not go to church then? Can you say what you really mean.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:46 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Once again the moderators think its their place to decide what should and should not be posted. You censored everything Bob apart from your condensing comments that started the whole thing, strange that, you are the law, you are above the law and what you say is the law.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.