Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What A Waste

What A Waste

Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:32 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What A Waste

Originally posted by Gross50
when its a wanted pregnacy its a baby, when its unwanted its not.
Is this reply in English, it makes not sense, did you fall asleep on your keyboard and this is the result? Even unwanted pregnancies are babies, both my brothers where unwanted pregnancies and they both became babies, then men. Many families have adopted unwanted pregnancies, they call them babies, there is not a special word for babies who where born from unwanted pregnancies

pro-life is about saving babies.
From what? Pro-life is just beleiving that a baby is a life too and as such should live, not saving babies. If you want to save babies you should find out what causes cot death

pro-choice is about me, myself and i.
Pro-choice is about a woman having control over her own body, what goes in it and what comes out of it. Can a woman who has been raped and is pregnant terminate her pregnancy, according to you no, why not, she didn't consent to the sex or the baby so why should she consent to giving birth to it.

My point was not whether pro-choice or pro-life is right or wrong but whether a pro-choicer would be openly happy at the death of an unborn baby in a wanted pregnancy, to suggest that anyone would be happy with the death of a baby (which wasn't being terminated) is a stupid thing to say
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:18 pm
Moderated

matt_in_philly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick Pro-choice is about a woman having control over her own body, what goes in it and what comes out of it.
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY::PARTY::PARTY::PARTY::PARTY::PARTY:
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:25 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick

Pro-choice is about a woman having control over her own body, what goes in it and what comes out of it.
Not wanting to agree with Gross (nor his unfeeling cold hearted political agenda improperly placed in his response), other than the case of rape, a woman does have control of what goes in her body, and thus she has control over what comes out.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:00 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ironporer
Not wanting to agree with Gross (nor his unfeeling cold hearted political agenda improperly placed in his response), other than the case of rape, a woman does have control of what goes in her body, and thus she has control over what comes out.
That seems like you are agreeing with me and Gross? Surely if a woman has control over her body she can have sex and she gets into a pregnancy that she doesn't want she has the option to terminate it. I am not trying to argue pro-choice or pro-life, I am making the point that even people who are pro-choice would not be happy at the unintentional death of an unborn child, or any child.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:22 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Patrick
people who are pro-choice would not be happy at the unintentional death of an unborn child, or any child.

to para-phrase this

people who are pro-choice would be happy at the intentional death of an unborn child, or any child
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:58 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

to para-phrase this

people who are pro-choice would be happy at the intentional death of an unborn child, or any child
I think my view would be that people who are pro-life are
saddened by the death of any child- wanted or not.

I am not a ardent pro-lifer. I realize that abortion will never be able to be done away with. I just don't think it should be used as a substitute for birth control and responsibility.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ironporer
Having a competent surgon and anesthesiologist, and nursing staff is kinda nice too. Also a natal emergency unit is kinda cool. Sterile envronment ain't bad either.
Which has nothing to do with marble floors, palm trees, art work or free coffee.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 2:35 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

to para-phrase this

Can you cite a single (real) example of this? Do you drive by abortion clinics and witness parties? Have you seen people who are pro-choice turning up at the court-case of a child murderer and setting off fireworks and dancing 'til dawn?

Oh, and what does paraphrase mean in your dictionary? Misquote is the word you need.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick, I agree with you entirely. I am 100% pro-choice, and have no children but have had 5 miscarriages but believe me there has been no joy each time I have suffered a loss.

I agree that no-one should use abortion as a birth control method, but I would rather see a crackhead who is likely to abuse her children have an abortion rather than bring a child into this world to suffer a life of misery. I've never seen any pro-lifers jumping with joy when a pregnancy is terminated. Many people think long and hard before they reach the decision.