Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What are these bugs doing in my house?!

What are these bugs doing in my house?!

Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:36 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are these bugs doing in my house?!

Pesticides are very bad for children.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzimc
They avoided the coffee spill that I found on closer inspection too, very odd.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I'm off to itch some more now...
No its not...unless you'd put a lot of sugar in it...ants are always attracted to sweet food. Make sure you keep all food wrapped or in airtight containers. Try to remove their food source by removing crumbs and spills. Do not leave food laying around, especially overnight. Empty inside trash cans daily, preferably at night. Don't let kids take food and sweet drinks upstairs...this was my mum's rule and I always thought it a bit odd...until I got a house of my own!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:20 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Pesticides are very bad for children.

Pesticides are bad.Ths stuff I used to use on fire ants made them go into convulsions. I always wear a half respirator when I treat the house, and only ever on the outside of the house (stop them before they get inside). Sugar ants can be treated with boric acid laced bait, which is less toxic to us.
You really have to keep a clean house, especially in hot climates with poorly built houses.

Last edited by Chorlton; Jul 26th 2006 at 1:25 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Pesticides are bad.Ths stuff I used to used on fire ants made them go into convulsions. I always wear a half respirator when I treat the house, and only ever on the outside of the house (stop them before they get inside). Sugar ants can be treated with boric acid laced bait, which is less toxic to us.
You really have to keep a lean house, especially in hot climates with poorly built houses.

omg where have you been good to see you back
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I know, did say that to him the other day nice to see you to see you nice.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
I know, did say that to him the other day nice to see you to see you nice.

Whats on the board, Ms Ford?

thanks
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

Whats on the board, Ms Ford?

thanks
lol good old brucey, wonder if he's still around
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:19 pm

lol good old brucey, wonder if he's still around
Doing that Strictly Come Dancing thing, according to the fountain of knowledge (wikipedia)
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

Doing that Strictly Come Dancing thing, according to the fountain of knowledge (wikipedia)
what would we do without wiki
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Pesticides are bad.Ths stuff I used to use on fire ants made them go into convulsions. I always wear a half respirator when I treat the house, and only ever on the outside of the house (stop them before they get inside). Sugar ants can be treated with boric acid laced bait, which is less toxic to us.
You really have to keep a clean house, especially in hot climates with poorly built houses.
Are you saying I'm dirty?!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

OMG now we have a mouse :scared:

And the bait to catch it has attracted the sugar ants back... who was Ito think that moving into a brand new house would be easy!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

OMG now we have a mouse :scared:

And the bait to catch it has attracted the sugar ants back... who was Ito think that moving into a brand new house would be easy!
well did you get the pest contol people in
Old Aug 8th 2006, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

well did you get the pest contol people in
No, we got some stuff for Home Depot. But I think the trouble is they are still building a lot of the houses around here, so I think the construction must be stirring things up...
Old Aug 8th 2006, 2:31 pm
Account Closed

No, we got some stuff for Home Depot. But I think the trouble is they are still building a lot of the houses around here, so I think the construction must be stirring things up...
yep but you still have to have the place sprayed with whatever you choose inside and out and in the yard areas...and all the more reason if they are doing new construction around you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.