What a State!

What a State!

Old Nov 6th 2003, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

dylan&helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What a State!

Hi guys.

I know this may sound a little strange.

We are surely going to live in the US (as soon as the house sells & when i find the right business)

But i just can't decide 100% where.

Florida: I think the weather is great, i will get more people come to visit me, we love the Keys, we love beaches, Disney is great occasionally (Staying there for christmas by the way) even though the whole Orlando area thing is not where i would want to be permanent, i just think as a State, there are plenty of things for kids/families.

Texas: I hadnt really thought about it, until Yosser gave me a link to the real estate website... now i spend half my time trawling through it, comparing what you can get for your money compared to Florida (i have spent 5 hours in Houston, thats it).

Vegas: I love the place, prefer to be nearer to Lake Mead though.

Buffalo (the City): Great place, but I only stayed about 4 days.

Ohio: I spent about a week passing through.. Great place, great people, maybe just a little too quiet for me (or at least the places i stayed at)

Boston: Loved the "Cheers bar"

Cape Cod: Seemed a little like Florida for the older generation (no offence to anyone - but i liked it)

NYC: This is my fave place in the world (been 7 times now) maybe a bit too fast for my Mrs and my son.

Like i say.... I think Florida is the place for me, but there is no harm in window shopping for us, at this stage.

Can anyone suggest anywhere for me to look at???

Love Dylan&Helen xx
Attached Thumbnails What a State!-dscf0103.jpg  
Old Nov 6th 2003, 10:05 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

You can leave your Mrs with me - only joking.

I personally like LA, SF and Chicago - they offer everything you need, diversity throughout the state and airports with direct flight to UK.

What is your business? Plans for the US?
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

dylan&helen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by scotch03

Will trade for a Green Card.

I personally like LA, SF and Chicago - they offer everything you need, diversity throughout the state and airports with direct flight to UK.

Thank you, i will have a look.... maybe an expensive place to start though.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scotch03

I am not 100% sure yet (open to all options at the moment). I have worked for myself, for 8 years now. So i wont jump into anything that doesnt feel right, and i will check it out thoroughly.

I would love to come and start something from scratch, but i may struggle to get the visa. I have asked the question to plenty of lawyers now and i even e-mailed the US Embassy in London, basically asking if i could start another business from scratch alongside my existing business - the answers were yes! I think they may have to trade under the same name though, i,e: "anything gas station", trading as "Dylans" for instance.

Coming out for 5 weeks December 16th - Jan 20th to have a look around.... maybe make some decisions.

Dylan
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:01 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a State!

Originally posted by dylan&helen
Hi guys.

We are surely going to live in the US (as soon as the house sells & when i find the right business)

Florida: I think the weather is great, i will get more people come to visit me, we love the Keys, we love beaches, Disney is great occasionally (Staying there for christmas by the way) even though the whole Orlando area thing is not where i would want to be permanent, i just think as a State, there are plenty of things for kids/families.

Texas: I hadnt really thought about it, until Yosser gave me a link to the real estate website... now i spend half my time trawling through it, comparing what you can get for your money compared to Florida (i have spent 5 hours in Houston, thats it).

Ohio: I spent about a week passing through.. Great place, great people, maybe just a little too quiet for me (or at least the places i stayed at)

Cape Cod: Seemed a little like Florida for the older generation (no offence to anyone - but i liked it)

NYC: This is my fave place in the world (been 7 times now) maybe a bit too fast for my Mrs and my son.

Like i say.... I think Florida is the place for me, but there is no harm in window shopping for us, at this stage.

Love Dylan&Helen xx
Personally, I think you should be narrowing your choices at this point. Even if you've selected particular states of interest, you then have to narrow your selection to cities/areas within the state.

That's the hard bit. You'll be looking for all kinds of info. within a state.

NC Penguin
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:11 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by scotch03

So he's crossing LA off his list then!

How about CT? I love it here!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

hhmaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What a State!

Hi

Whilst New York (Manhattan) is a great place to visit and work, I would never think of living there if you have kids. However, you may want to look at the NYC metro area. There are some really decent places to live and bring up kids and you have easy access to the big cities, beaches etc . Off course House prices are a lot more expensive, but the quality of life is worth the cost, and in any case there tends to be more money (earnings) sloshing about.

I live in Mid New Jersey and work in NYC and have done ever since we have been here. As a family we love it.

Originally posted by dylan&helen
Hi guys.

Love Dylan&Helen xx