Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Scarlet UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What not to do....

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/38301344.html

(Apologies if posted already)
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:40 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What not to do....

This story is very confusing. The male perp was called Prince and the Border Patrol agent was called Price. (Or was it the other way around?)
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scarlet UK
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/38301344.html

(Apologies if posted already)
It is helpful when starting a thread if you could type a brief summary along with the link.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It is helpful when starting a thread if you could type a brief summary along with the link.
And what you hope to discuss from it. And your opinion, if you have one.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:59 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I think it's a great story. I've heard of folks' immigration paperwork being stuck in the bureaucratic pipeline, but potentially this is much worse.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter and her boyfriend were crossing the Rainbow Bridge on foot a few months ago. A family stopped them on the bridge and asked if they needed any sort of ID to get into Canada. Then it occurred to them they wouldn't be able to get back into the US either.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:05 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter and her boyfriend were crossing the Rainbow Bridge on foot a few months ago. A family stopped them on the bridge and asked if they needed any sort of ID to get into Canada. Then it occurred to them they wouldn't be able to get back into the US either.
What happened, were they stuck in no mans land?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
What happened, were they stuck in no mans land?
I don't know what happened to them...they're probably frozen solid to the bridge.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:05 pm
Boston Sep 15th

starky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud of

Priceless! Lets hope they had DL's with them!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by starky
Priceless! Lets hope they had DL's with them!
No they didn't...they had no ID with them at all. Apparently they thought it would be a good idea to have a stroll across the bridge and back.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:02 pm
Boston Sep 15th

starky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud of

No they didn't...they had no ID with them at all. Apparently they thought it would be a good idea to have a stroll across the bridge and back.
what were they thinking, Did it not occur to them that they had just crossed an international Border, hardly a stroll across a nice bridge?!?
I think that the POE officer told me that if I ever presented for entry with out my GC to the USA that I would have to pay $400+ for an admin check on me to make sure I was who I said I was, in order to gain entry to the USA.
Wonder if there is something similar for citizens?