Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What is the most disgusting US food you have come across?

What is the most disgusting US food you have come across?

Old Feb 21st 2004, 1:33 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Ooohh yes please!!!

That's something else I can't get hold of here either - lamb's liver.
If there's one thing in this world I can't tolerate, it's liver.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 1:49 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Yes!!! I agree a fine donut...and its the KKK donut off the decade

But US butter it the most tasteless stuff I have tasted ..the box it come in does have a taste though..
The Klan makes donuts? Don't they get their white sheets all messy?
Old Feb 21st 2004, 2:39 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

I must be odd. I actually like beef jerky, biscuits & gravy and all the other stuff that people have been protesting about. I agree about the sweet bread though. The "Italian style" bread and Thomas's new "English muffin toasting bread" (yes, really!) are the only ones that taste anything like the bread back home, but they are both white breads, and I always preferred brown or, better still, granary.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

Urgh -- grits are just awful! As is that marshmallow spread!! But, what about the reuben sandwich? Or the monte cristo sandwich or maple flavoured meats??? Not being a meat eater, these don't appeal to my taste buds.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:06 am
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point

What have they done to Dominos Pizza??!! Our first day here we arrived late evening and had no idea where the nearests shop was so called for pizza. I was so impressed with the speedy delivery, and took a biiig bite of my old favourite at home..... The bloody base was sweet as was the sauce, the base was like some kind of pastry. Pizza is not dessert!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
The Klan makes donuts? Don't they get their white sheets all messy?

Yeah, but they only sell them to white people.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 12:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jabba1
Yeah, but they only sell them to white people.
No they don't make them, its just their official donut of choice, Like Martha Stewart is their offical linen supplier...
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:22 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

...or maple flavoured meats...
Oh, those are so yummy!! The bacon and sausages, (damn, I feel hungry again now)!
Great with scrambled eggs, french toast, (with worcestershire sauce on 'em, not sodding maple syrup) and Heinz baked beans!

On a side-note, why don't they sell Heinz baked beans over here, (except for in the Brit stores)?? Can't stick the beans that are available in the stores, they're revolting!!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:35 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
On a side-note, why don't they sell Heinz baked beans over here, (except for in the Brit stores)?? Can't stick the beans that are available in the stores, they're revolting!!
I've seen 'em in Publix. They're sold as Heinz Premium Vegetarian Baked Beans or something like that.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:41 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Englishmum
With Passover coming up soon our local supermarkets have filled their aisles with Kosher food items.
I was in a BJ's last week, and there was a food court store selling "Ben's Kosher Hot Dogs". Except they had a sign underneath, mildly stating "Not prepared in a kosher kitchen."

I 'ed.

I have no complaints against any food here, if I don't like it, I just don't eat it. I only wish I could buy bacon that was larger than a strip, and less than 90% rind.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by crazi_daizi
What have they done to Dominos Pizza??!! Our first day here we arrived late evening and had no idea where the nearests shop was so called for pizza. I was so impressed with the speedy delivery, and took a biiig bite of my old favourite at home..... The bloody base was sweet as was the sauce, the base was like some kind of pastry. Pizza is not dessert!
As an American, I can honestly say that Dominos sucks arse. Ate their pizza as a kid, will not touch it as an adult. I'm just as sick of Papa Johns too. I live in the city where PJ was first started, and not only do they own half the city, you can't spit without hitting one, and their sauce sucks! Where's that puking smily when I need it!

Btw, what toppings did you order? You can get dessert pizza here - with apples or peaches or cherries on it (not a tomato based sauce obviously).

And Krispy Kreme has the best glazed donuts. Stick 'em in the micro for 10 seconds to get them warm and Oh! So delicous!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:53 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the heads-up nxylas but I don't think there's a Publix around this area, (Hubby thinks the closest one is in NJ).

Now I'm on a mission to locate the nearest KK so I can decide for myself whether they're any good or not! (What I'd give for a regular jammy donut right now...this thread just makes me hungry)! LOL
Old Feb 21st 2004, 9:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Now I'm on a mission to locate the nearest KK so I can decide for myself
Harrods sell them..so they can't be all that bad...
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:26 pm
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13

Btw, what toppings did you order? You can get dessert pizza here - with apples or peaches or cherries on it (not a tomato based sauce obviously).
Back at home Dominos do a yummy pizza its called Texas BBQ or summat like that, tried to order the equivilent and it was puke city!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 11:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Harrods sell them..so they can't be all that bad...
:scared: :scared: :scared:

Incidentally, did you know that when al Fayed goes on his inspection rounds of Harrods, he is followed by a group of Highland pipers in full kit, playing Scotland the Brave or whatever?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.