Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What if "she wrote" ...

Wikiposts

What if "she wrote" ...

Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:12 am
Franklin

Default What if "she wrote" ...

You shall be known among us as Usul, the base of the pillar. This is your secret name, your troop name. Now, what name of manhood do you choose for us to call you openly?" Stigar asked.
"How do you call among you the dung beetle, the beetle that consumes dung?"
"We call that one Manc."
"How do you call among you the little shitsu, the dog that eats vomit?"
"We call that one Ray."

"Hmmmm" murmured Paul.

"I wish to be known among the troop as Manc the dung beetle," said Paul, "I don't like Usul, sounds too jerky."
Shocked silence.
"Among the other folks you should refer to me as 'Ray, the shitsu' or maybe "Ray, the shitzu," said Paul.

Last edited by Patent Attorney; Jan 18th 2005 at 10:16 am.

Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:16 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What if "she wrote" ...

Someone's been at the sherry....
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:17 am
Brit'n'TX

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
You shall be known amond us as Usul, the base of the pillar. This is your secret name, your troop name. Now, what name of manhood do you choose for us to call you openly?" Stigar asked.
"How do you call among you the dung beetle, the beetle that consumes dung?"
"We call that one Manc."
"How do you call among you the little shitsu, the dog that eats vomit?"
"We call that one Ray."

"Hmmmm" murmured Paul.

"I wish to be known among the troop as Manc the dung beetle," said Paul, "I don't like Usul, sounds too jerky."
Shocked silence.
"Among the other folks you should refer to me as 'Ray, the shitsu' or maybe "Ray, the shitzu," said Paul.
that was some good weed, man ...

Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:18 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by elfman
Someone's been at the sherry....

Too right! ... got to laugh sometimes .... life can be so bloody boring ...

Anyone have some favorite movie lines? Put them down here ... and I, and maybe some others, will butcher them for you. Serve them up raw and bloody.

Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:23 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Blatant mischaracterization. Manc does not consume the dung - he enhances it for everyone to enjoy.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:24 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Blatant mischaracterization. Manc does not consume the dung - he enhances it for everyone to enjoy.
Ahhhh! He has shares in BSAF! "We don't make the dung, we make it better!"

Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:04 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I think whatever I smoke is lame compared to you mad bastards.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:11 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Manc
I think whatever I smoke is lame compared to you mad bastards.
"Classic Manc". Somebody should compile all Manc's sayings and publish them, beginning with Volume 1.

Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

"Classic Manc". Somebody should compile all Manc's sayings and publish them, beginning with Volume 1.

Lets hope those DON'T go up to eleven
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

here's one for yas, this ALWAYS sends shivers down my spine... and no.. that doesn't mean I want manc sending anything down my spine :scared:

Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I'm entitled.
Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth.
Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth.

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:12 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by USBound
Lets hope those DON'T go up to eleven
I don't think Manc can count beyond "single figures" So we should be safe!

Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:20 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by USBound
*snip* I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
Great lines in that movie ... I remember them well ... OK, here is a nutty one based on Casablanca ... first a disclaimer: just a jest piece ... Let the movie commence …

Humphrey Bogart (speaks to NCP): ... where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy cosmos. Someday you'll understand that. Now ... Here's looking at you kid.

Humphrey Bogart (to Ray): I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Ray (to Bogart): Now be nice Humphrey, go with the flow.

NCP (to Ray): WHAT!

Manc (to NCP and Ray): Bogart’s right.

Manc (mutters to himself): NCP and Ray, who would have thought it.

NCP (to Ray): I would never leave you.

Ray (to NCP): But my wife will shoot me, shoot us both, she can shoot better then me … and with bigger bullets.

NCP (to Ray): Sighs

NCP (to Ray): Oh Ray.

NCP and Ray kiss tenderly and walk off into the sunset … movie ends.

Epilogue: Fatbrit stumbles onto the set and screams, "I'm still trying to work it out..."

Last edited by Patent Attorney; Jan 18th 2005 at 5:36 pm.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:49 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Great lines in that movie ... I remember them well ... OK, here is a nutty one based on Casablanca ... first a disclaimer: just a jest piece ... Let the movie commence …
Will you stop smoking that shit.... its doing your brain in...
Some people are saying you have an attraction to me.. Do you have such tendencies...
I have nothing to do with National Car Parks (NCP) although I do believe I used them a few times ..
Old Jan 19th 2005, 4:19 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Where else would you start?
Thank F**k I don't need any patents.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 4:24 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Where else would you start?
Thank F**k I don't need any patents.
Hehe!

"... a single-digit volume, not to be greater than 'Volume 8', preferably between 'Volume 0' and 'Volume 5', more preferably between 'Volume 1' and 'Volume 3', most preferably 'Volume 1'...."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.