Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What do i do?! USA spouse visa for UK Husband

Wikiposts

What do i do?! USA spouse visa for UK Husband

Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:23 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do i do?! USA spouse visa for UK Husband

Forget additional sheets.

I would put the time at school on a single line, with the starting date of first attendance as the 'From' date and the ending date of last attendance as the 'To' date. I would put the name of the school in the 'Street and Number' field.

Yes, this would show me living in two places at the same time, but it should not cause a problem.

Yes again, this would be a rare exception to the 'answer the question that is asked' rule.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by JandE2009
what if i supplied my term time addresses as an additional sheet but leave my mums address and my current address as the places i have lived in the past 5 years or will this just cause confusion? or am i simply causing excess confusion here (visa preperations always ruin me most of the time i am an intelligent bloke!). Ideally i would like to just enter my current addy and my mums addy, i wouldnt class term time addresses as permenant addresses but how will the USCIS view it??
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

JandE2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmmm you think i should put the schools address even though i lived at three seperate addresses over the four years i attended? Ha this is quite confusing that a redundant form can have a number of different opinions, Noorah suggests including all addresses, Ian suggests the two and you have suggested the schools address. This is why people stress so much about visas! At school they class your permenat address as your home address i.e. where you go during vacation, and the address where you stay during school is your term address, sorry to sound repetitive but all it takes is someone at the other end having a bad day and he could delay the process, the instruction is not clear well at least in this situation so out of the three suggestions which one is correct?

I would be absolutely lost without you guys, so your opinion matters!

Jamie
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm you think i should put the schools address even though i lived at three seperate addresses over the four years i attended? Ha this is quite confusing that a redundant form can have a number of different opinions, Noorah suggests including all addresses, Ian suggests the two and you have suggested the schools address. This is why people stress so much about visas! At school they class your permenat address as your home address i.e. where you go during vacation, and the address where you stay during school is your term address, sorry to sound repetitive but all it takes is someone at the other end having a bad day and he could delay the process, the instruction is not clear well at least in this situation so out of the three suggestions which one is correct?

I would be absolutely lost without you guys, so your opinion matters!

Jamie
They are all correct. It really doesn't matter! To make it easy on yourself, just list your mom's address, since that's where you permanently resided and were in school temporarily at different addresses.

You're stressing way too much about the G-325A. It really won't be an issue, whatever you put on there, as long as it's true information.

Rene
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:29 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite, but in effect yes if some or all of the 3 places you stayed were not in the same city or town as the school. The point is, it shows where you were.

Also, as I wrote, it's what I would do. As you've realized, you've been given several different opinions. What you do is up to you. Rene, Ian, and I all agree that how you do the G-325A doesn't much matter, but it will be good preparation for how you're going to provide the same information on your visa application form.
hmmmm you think i should put the schools address even though i lived at three seperate addresses over the four years i attended?
Yup.
Ha this is quite confusing that a redundant form can have a number of different opinions, Noorah suggests including all addresses, Ian suggests the two and you have suggested the schools address. This is why people stress so much about visas!

You are not dealing with the school. How the school classifies things is not relevant.
At school they class your permenat address as your home address i.e. where you go during vacation, and the address where you stay during school is your term address,

All of them.
... out of the three suggestions which one is correct?
Old Mar 13th 2012, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Final question on the G-325A sorry couldnt resist! It asks "this form is submitted in connection with":

then 3 choices:

1. Naturalization
2. Status as permenant resident
3. Other

I assumed it was number 2 is this correct, but i have seen other people say that they have checked the other box then in the details they have written IR-1. Which one should it be? Dont worry we will be sending it out Thursday so you wont be hearing from me for another 6 months
Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

I was of the opinion that number 2 is the correct one for you, and number 3 for your wife as you will be applying for status as a permanent resident. However, somebody will be along any minute to say that number 2 is only for adjustment of status which isn't what you're doing.

As others have said, it probably won't even get read so do whichever you think is right.

James
Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:16 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Final question on the G-325A sorry couldnt resist! It asks "this form is submitted in connection with":

then 3 choices:

1. Naturalization
3. Other
Both G-325s should be (3)... since the form is not connected to either naturalization or status as a PR. The UK husband doesn't yet have any US status!

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSL8610
However, somebody will be along any minute to say that number 2 is only for adjustment of status which isn't what you're doing.
Yup... that'll be me!

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yup... that'll be me!

Ian
Haha. I thought it might be. I really don't think it will make a difference though.

James
Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSL8610
Haha. I thought it might be. I really don't think it will make a difference though.

James
FWIW we ticked 2) on ours and it wasn't an issue.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 1:42 am

You might be interested in the thread that contains the linked post, in which our good friend Mr.F points out that the process of obtaining an immigrant visa, like the process of adjusting status, is a route to obtaining status as a Permanent Resident:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=29

then 3 choices:

1. Naturalization
3. Other

I assumed it was number 2 is this correct, but i have seen other people say that they have checked the other box then in the details they have written IR-1. Which one should it be?
I'll take that bet.
Dont worry we will be sending it out Thursday so you wont be hearing from me for another 6 months
Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Mar 14th 2012 at 1:44 am.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 3:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

then 3 choices:

1. Naturalization
3. Other

I assumed it was number 2 is this correct, but i have seen other people say that they have checked the other box then in the details they have written IR-1. Which one should it be? Dont worry we will be sending it out Thursday so you wont be hearing from me for another 6 months
Both 2 and 3 work just fine. Either one. Heck, I'm willing to bet even if someone checks number 1, it will go through, since I doubt they scrutinize the G-325A that closely.

But really, either 2 or 3 both work.

Rene
Old Mar 14th 2012, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

ok, ok i did say 6 months but im back early ha! The address what is the difference between express delivery and mailing from outside the usa?

I am going to send the I-130 petition to the following address (as listed on the checklist)

U.S Department of Homeland and Security
American Embassy-London
P.O. Box 2444
London W1A 5WT

I was planning on sending it recorded delivery first class (royal mail) but if its a P.O box will there be anyone there to sign for it, or should i just send it regular first class mail?

Is the above address correct?

kind regards

Jamie
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

The difference is that one goes to a PO box and the other goes to the physical address. Whether there's any difference in the time it takes them to receive the petition I don't know. Nothing significant though.

I sent mine via special next day delivery to the physical address. It arrived the next day and had the payment taken about a week after that.

Regards,
James