Reload this Page >

What do i do?! USA spouse visa for UK Husband

Wikiposts

What do i do?! USA spouse visa for UK Husband

Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

JandE2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do i do?! USA spouse visa for UK Husband

ha sorry found the instruction guide below on the website :/ ok we have the marriage certificate, her divorce decree, her passport, her original birth certificate, we have a tenancy agreement, bank accounts and utilitity bills in both our names, do the copies need to be notarized or signed by a solicitor or are copies from a photo copier fine? We can get the photos from a booth (hopefully unless you say otherwise?). The a g-352a form from both of us correct?

Apologies Jeff im a mess when it comes to visa always over think things and get all flustered! The uk visa was the same way sorry :/

Ok sorry the last post must have been annoying i jumped the gun to soon!

thanks

Jamie
Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JandE2009
ha sorry found the instruction guide below on the website :/ ok we have the marriage certificate, her divorce decree, her passport, her original birth certificate,...
If you also had a previous marriage, you'll also need your divorce decree (or death certificate).

we have a tenancy agreement, bank accounts and utilitity bills in both our names, do the copies need to be notarized or signed by a solicitor or are copies from a photo copier fine?
Photocopies are fine.

We can get the photos from a booth (hopefully unless you say otherwise?).
Do you mean US-style passport photos? From a booth is fine, as long as they comply with the US-style required.

The a g-352a form from both of us correct?
The answer to this is in the I-130 instructions.

Apologies Jeff im a mess when it comes to visa always over think things and get all flustered! The uk visa was the same way sorry :/
You might want to consider hiring an immigration attorney to help you out, if you are finding the process confusing and if you aren't good with paperwork.

Rene
Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

ok i think we have got it! Yes we both file the G-235A, ok good photocopies are fine, black and white should suffice i take it (no mention of colour photo in the instructions), right we will be mailing it out on wednesday thanks for all your help, and for the address thing i think we will just stay at our address we were trying to reduce the outgoings i.e rent but seems like it will cause to many issues!

thank you all once again great help!

kind regards

Jamie
Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

A quick read over your post suggests you're still confused about the process. I'm going to offer you this link again:

http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

Please read through and also be sure to click the relevant links. I recognise that you're keen to get the process underway ASAP but there's a lot of information there so take your time. One such link would be the checklist:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...for_spouse.pdf

Your post (#31) suggests that you have a lot of extra documentation that you don't need at this stage and that you're missing some that you do.

Regards,
James

Last edited by JSL8610; Mar 12th 2012 at 8:35 am.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

final question! Im completing the G-235A form and for addresses the last previous 5 years, do i need to include my university term time addresses? which would show 9 months at uni then 3 months at mums, then 9 months at uni, then 3 months at mums, then 9 months at uni, then 20 years at mums is this ok or should i not bother with term addresses?

Plus country of residence of my father he is deceased should i enter deceased in the country? Plus work addresses if they do not fit in the box i trust i can supply the full addy on a seperate sheet as with my previous addresses? As i am one line short, and it says last address outside of us where it is longer that a year should i put mums addy from Apr 1986 until sep 2006 when i started uni, please advise! Because i have been at my current address for just over 11 months not quite a year!

thanks again!

Jamie
Old Mar 13th 2012, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

final question! Im completing the G-235A form and for addresses the last previous 5 years, do i need to include my university term time addresses? which would show 9 months at uni then 3 months at mums, then 9 months at uni, then 3 months at mums, then 9 months at uni, then 20 years at mums is this ok or should i not bother with term addresses?
For the period of mine that included time at university, I only put the term-time address as that was where I was living. Yours won't necessarily be the same of course, but I wouldn't leave the term addresses off if you were living there.

Plus country of residence of my father he is deceased should i enter deceased in the country?
Sounds sensible to me.

Plus work addresses if they do not fit in the box i trust i can supply the full addy on a seperate sheet as with my previous addresses?
Using a continuation sheet should be fine. Be sure to make it obvious which question the continuation sheet refers to.

As i am one line short, and it says last address outside of us where it is longer that a year should i put mums addy from Apr 1986 until sep 2006 when i started uni, please advise! Because i have been at my current address for just over 11 months not quite a year!

thanks again!

Jamie
You should put the last address you lived at outside of the US for more than 1 year. I realise that's more or less exactly what it says on the form, but I'm not sure how to say it any more clearly.

Regards,
James
Old Mar 13th 2012, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Don't sweat the G-325A; it's a mostly redundant form that the DHS have yet to get around to abolishing. I'd suggest put both addresses for the whole period that you were using them and put brackets "term-time only" for the uni address.

Plus country of residence of my father he is deceased should i enter deceased in the country?
Yes, "Deceased" is fine.

Plus work addresses if they do not fit in the box i trust i can supply the full addy on a seperate sheet as with my previous addresses?
You don't have to put the full address with postcode etc. For us we just put things like 'Company Name, Street Address, London, UK'

As i am one line short, and it says last address outside of us where it is longer that a year should i put mums addy from Apr 1986 until sep 2006 when i started uni, please advise! Because i have been at my current address for just over 11 months not quite a year!
You just need to answer the question posed - put whatever is the last address outside the US that you've lived at for more than a year - your mum's in your case it seems.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 3:14 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

This is the G-325A - abbreviate and condense ruthlessly. The addresses do not need to be postal quality.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 13th 2012, 4:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

final question! Im completing the G-235A...
G-325A.

... do i need to include my university term time addresses?
If your university address was a permanent address, yes... otherwise no.

Yes.

Ignore the street address, and just use the city and country.

... it says last address outside of us where it is longer that a year should i put mums addy from Apr 1986 until sep 2006 when i started uni, please advise! Because i have been at my current address for just over 11 months not quite a year!
A year is 12 months... 11 months isn't a year, a neither is your time at university if you only spent 9 months away! If, after all that, you're still left with your mum's address... that's what you put.

I'll repeat what I wrote before - perhaps you'll take note of it for the future: Answer the question asked. Don't try to interpret the answer to fit your situation, and don't ascribe meaning to the question beyond what is plainly written.

Ian
Old Mar 13th 2012, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian! As for the permenant term address at university, i dont know if you would class it as my permenant address it was classed as a term address i.e. i lived there to conduct my studies for the 9 months of the year but ultimately resided at my mums place, what happens to the info, i mean what happens if i dont put it and what happens if i do put it? isnt it better to list all addresses as rather than run the risk of not putting enough info? What would you do?

kind regards

Jamie
Old Mar 13th 2012, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

what if i supplied my term time addresses as an additional sheet but leave my mums address and my current address as the places i have lived in the past 5 years or will this just cause confusion? or am i simply causing excess confusion here (visa preperations always ruin me most of the time i am an intelligent bloke!). Ideally i would like to just enter my current addy and my mums addy, i wouldnt class term time addresses as permenant addresses but how will the USCIS view it??
Old Mar 13th 2012, 4:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

what if i supplied my term time addresses as an additional sheet but leave my mums address and my current address as the places i have lived in the past 5 years or will this just cause confusion? or am i simply causing excess confusion here (visa preperations always ruin me most of the time i am an intelligent bloke!). Ideally i would like to just enter my current addy and my mums addy, i wouldnt class term time addresses as permenant addresses but how will the USCIS view it??
The G-325A is an old, obsolete form, that refuses to die. Just fill it out to the best of your knowledge, the way that makes the most sense to you, and you'll be fine. The G-325A won't be something that sways your visa application one way or the other.

Rene
Old Mar 13th 2012, 4:53 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... it was classed as a term address
That's irrelevant.

... ultimately resided at my mums place
Well, there's your answer!

... what happens to the info, i mean what happens if i dont put it and what happens if i do put it?
Nothing happens. The G-325A is a legacy form left over from the former INS. The regulations don't actually require a G-325A... but the mindset hasn't yet changed to reflect the regulations! If they don't get a G-325A, they'll send an RFE for it. If they do get it, they summarily ignore it because it's not actually required. I admit that all sounds a bit convoluted and counter-intuitive.

... isnt it better to list all addresses as rather than run the risk of not putting enough info?
If it was any other form, yes... but in this case - no.

What would you do?
When we completed our G-325As, we put down the info as I've outlined it here. It was never an issue.

Ian
Old Mar 13th 2012, 4:57 am
Account Closed

what if i supplied my term time addresses as an additional sheet...
Don't bother - you're really making too much work for yourself. It's not necessary.

Ideally i would like to just enter my current addy and my mums addy, i wouldnt class term time addresses as permenant addresses but how will the USCIS view it??
Honest to god, USCIS won't care one way or the other. On a scale of 1 to 10 - where 1 is totally unimportant and 10 is absolutely mandatory... the G-325A is a -3.

Ian
Old Mar 13th 2012, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

ok thank you i trust your intuition and knowledge! so i will just file mums address and current address! many thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.