Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What channel for Super Bowl

What channel for Super Bowl

Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default What channel for Super Bowl

Some friends are coming and apparently want to watch some game on TV. I've looked through the TV listings and the best I can find is that maybe it's on CBS - but the listings say "Greg Gumball previews... from Jackson Square" which sounds like an off-shoot rather than the game itself.

Can some kind soul provide me with a FiOS channel number and time please? Cheers.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What channel for Super Bowl

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Some friends are coming and apparently want to watch some game on TV. I've looked through the TV listings and the best I can find is that maybe it's on CBS - but the listings say "Greg Gumball previews... from Jackson Square" which sounds like an off-shoot rather than the game itself.

Can some kind soul provide me with a FiOS channel number and time please? Cheers.
If you have FIOS then you probably have the ability to search for the channel using your remote control.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If you have FIOS then you probably have the ability to search for the channel using your remote control.
When I say "looked through" I mean "search". There are hundreds of programs - reruns of previous years, spin-off shows, warm-up shows, wrap-up shows - but for the life of me I cannot find the actual event.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Take them to a sports bar, that way you don't have to provide all the beer and snacks

Unless you want too.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

When I say "looked through" I mean "search". There are hundreds of programs - reruns of previous years, spin-off shows, warm-up shows, wrap-up shows - but for the life of me I cannot find the actual event.
As far as I can see its on all night on CBS...I presume this includes the actual game. 6.30 till 10.00....a preview show before this.

Sorry I can't help you further...I have zero interest in it.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

The Super Bowl is on CBS starting at 3:30 PST. I can't tell you what channel number since cable/fios/u-verse changes their channels around depending on the area.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:29 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Yes CBS affiliate.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Take them to a sports bar, that way you don't have to provide all the beer and snacks

Unless you want too.
Young kids are in tow! This Sunday is the only opportunity in the next few weeks we've got for a small celebration and the men won't come unless they can watch TV - and most of the women can't or won't drive.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Young kids are in tow! This Sunday is the only opportunity in the next few weeks we've got for a small celebration and the men won't come unless they can watch TV - and most of the women can't or won't drive.
Ok...so Super Bowl party at yours then
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Michael
The Super Bowl is on CBS starting at 3:30 PST. I can't tell you what channel number since cable/fios/u-verse changes their channels around depending on the area.
Thank you! With the channel and time I can find it. If I use search, there are so many scores or even hundreds of programs with "super bowl" in the title that it's next to useless. Certainly the first few pages of results do not include the main event.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Ok...so Super Bowl party at yours then
Hah, well I'll probably be in the kitchen as usual, keeping the food coming. I'm not a sports person anyway.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:53 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! With the channel and time I can find it. If I use search, there are so many scores or even hundreds of programs with "super bowl" in the title that it's next to useless. Certainly the first few pages of results do not include the main event.
Actual game starts at 6:30 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hah, well I'll probably be in the kitchen as usual, keeping the food coming. I'm not a sports person anyway.
Me neither, I enjoyed the ice hockey while staying in Canada, but that was live, don't like watching any sports on the box! Luckily hubby is the same
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Actual game starts at 6:30 pm.
Not for the OP it doesn't.
Depends on which time zone. For CA I gather it's 3:00pm or 3:30pm.

And clearly I am blissfully ignorant since I planned a kids birthday at the same time. Apparently the parents are all thrilled since they can offload the kids and watch the game while the kids get entertained. And since we're in San Francisco (or close enough), most people do want to watch it.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:01 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackattack
Not for the OP it doesn't.
Depends on which time zone. For CA I gather it's 3:00pm or 3:30pm.
Very good point! I was being east coast-centric.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.