What car would you buy?

Wikiposts

What car would you buy?

Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:02 am
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What car would you buy?

Originally Posted by Brit3964
While I know you don't like Hyundai's much (or at all), I have to say they are nothing like the Hyundai of old these days. We've just bought a 2010 Elantra Touring which is a good SUV alternative. Bags of room in the back, probably more than the average SUV, 29mpg combined, 2 liter DOHC 138hp engine. Quite a surprise. I'm 6ft tall and easily fit in it. It's basically the i30 model in Europe with very little changes for the US market so it has the Euro style road handling and little of the body roll-armchair ride so common with the US auto manufacturers
I might give one a whirl on the Auto dealers test track.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carolina Tiger
I might give one a whirl on the Auto dealers test track.
There ya go then! It's surprisingly sporty. You don't expect it from a lower end Hyundai.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 2:26 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Carolina Tiger
I'm after a safe, fuel efficient SUV to replace my aging (2000) Honda CRV.

If you had to replace that vehicle what would you buy, and why?
Wife want's to get an small SUV.

So we test drove Hyundai Tuscon, Honda CR-V & Toyota Rav4

The Tuscon has alot of bells & whistles but handles poorly and drives like a cheap car.

The CR-V is being redesigned for next year so the have a special edition this year which we really liked.

The rav4 was similiar to the honda with a bigger engine, we found going up a ramp that the CR-V handled it better.

Unless you go high end neither the CR-V or Rav4 come with bluetooth, so we enquired as to how much to add.

CR-V $300 Rav4 $900
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
While I know you don't like Hyundai's much (or at all), I have to say they are nothing like the Hyundai of old these days. We've just bought a 2010 Elantra Touring which is a good SUV alternative. Bags of room in the back, probably more than the average SUV, 29mpg combined, 2 liter DOHC 138hp engine. Quite a surprise. I'm 6ft tall and easily fit in it. It's basically the i30 model in Europe with very little changes for the US market so it has the Euro style road handling and little of the body roll-armchair ride so common with the US auto manufacturers
We test drove an Elantra Touring, the same day we test drove and bought the Ford Focus. I was really put off by the Elantra. In comparison to Ford it felt cheap and tacky. The Focus just felt nicer and definitely a lot less road noise than the Elantra!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:20 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Q: what do the Jones drive?

Originally Posted by fsm
Unless you go high end neither the CR-V or Rav4 come with bluetooth, so we enquired as to how much to add...
How about $0 - negotiation...
Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:29 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Q: what do the Jones drive?

How about $0 - negotiation...
We shall see what they offer when we go to purchase.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:56 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsm
We shall see what they offer when we go to purchase.
Shoot low boys, they're riding shetland ponies....
(or rather selling shetlands)
Old Nov 11th 2010, 11:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
or a Jeep
Worst motor I've ever test driven, had the get up and go of a wet fart with the comfort factor to match.

Wrangler is a lot of fun though, but a bit of a crap family car