Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What car would you buy?

Wikiposts

What car would you buy?

Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:07 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What car would you buy?

If you are feeling very inadequate and insecure and safety is paramount... go with the Knight XV; its even a biofuel... how green!
http://blog.carazoo.com/uploaded_ima...ng2-793625.JPG
(Look at the tonka toy on the right)

Here's a reason not to have a H2/Tonka toy
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger...r_accident.jpg
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
I have a Versa and I absolutely LOVE it, but we've had nothing but trouble from the tyre pressure gauge and associated electrics. It's got 52,000 miles on it right now and we'll have paid off our three-year loan in February. I do... hmm... a fair bit of commuting. Other than that though, it's my favourite car ever. Tip top.

I think a lot of Americans think it's too small for a family car, but they're becoming more and more popular amongst commuters. 34 MPG last time I checked.
Yeah my husband liked it as well, although I think he likes his Ford Fucus (haha) now too. Its got a lot of bells and whistles on it and that makes it a bit more interesting at the moment. It actually is getting 36 mpg, so it makes it slightly better than the Versa right now.

I wasn't even remotely happy about having to go and buy a new car at the moment. So when we heard the noise the Versa was making and then had it checked out, I wasn't a happy bunny. :curse: But what are you going to do? He has to get to work.....
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Lisa & I are both in the Pacific NorthWet and you're practically issued a Subaru here at arrival. Well actually, I got the Volvo line, but it's one or the other around here. Lesbianism not required.
Plus, I'm looking hard at Subaru for the next one. Can't stomach the idea of a Chinese Volvo.

Its my turn for a car next time, so I better get one before he grinds this one into the ground.....

I want something a bit bigger than my Santa Fe, and dependable.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:35 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I want something a bit bigger than my Santa Fe, and dependable.
A bit bigger than a Santa Fe would be one of those yellow school buses.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fatbrit
A bit bigger than a Santa Fe would be one of those yellow school buses.
Hardly....
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:19 pm
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Carolina Tiger
That's the thing though its every Kia or Hyundai that I have driven and I've driven four different models two of each and they were all uncomfortable. My CRV was in the shop and I was switching vehicles at the car rental shop because it was killing me.
I hate those off brands as well. If you can't get a Lexus then at least buy a Toyota or Nissan. I have a RX330 and I love it, but i'd buy a 2011 RX350 if I were you.

http://images.newcars.com/images/car...Exterior-2.png
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drop step
I hate those off brands as well. If you can't get a Lexus then at least buy a Toyota or Nissan. I have a RX330 and I love it, but i'd buy a 2011 RX350 if I were you.

There you are...we've missed your wit this afternoon. Been playing golf?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:12 pm
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drop step

Unfortunately, I can't stretch as far as a Lexus, but to be honest I don't like the look of them that much. I'd have a Landy if I could afford one but they are even more ridiculously expensive too.

I'm still undecided I may have to step up to a bigger capacity engine and size and get a Honda Pilot?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:15 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, I can't stretch as far as a Lexus, but to be honest I don't like the look of them that much.
it's probably because you're happy with the size of your knob and don't need to compensate.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:16 pm
Frequent Flyer

Originally Posted by Manc
it's probably because you're happy with the size of your knob and don't need to compensate.
Why thanks I think?

Are Lexi the choice of knob jockeys?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:17 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Why thanks I think?

Are Lexi the choice of knob jockeys?
apparently.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:29 pm
Frequent Flyer

Originally Posted by Manc
apparently.
Maybe I should get a Mini then or a Smart car. Then I can lay back and think of England.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:38 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Above all, don't buy a Honda. Honda drivers (at least in these parts) drive like knobs.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:07 pm
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
There you are...we've missed your wit this afternoon. Been playing golf?
Oh thanks.

No- just did some afternoon shopping with the little woman followed by dinner out..
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

While I know you don't like Hyundai's much (or at all), I have to say they are nothing like the Hyundai of old these days. We've just bought a 2010 Elantra Touring which is a good SUV alternative. Bags of room in the back, probably more than the average SUV, 29mpg combined, 2 liter DOHC 138hp engine. Quite a surprise. I'm 6ft tall and easily fit in it. It's basically the i30 model in Europe with very little changes for the US market so it has the Euro style road handling and little of the body roll-armchair ride so common with the US auto manufacturers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.