Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What car would you buy?

Wikiposts

What car would you buy?

Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:29 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What car would you buy?

Originally Posted by Carolina Tiger
but my wife refuses to have one for when she has to drive my vehicle.
She can always walk.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:34 am
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
She can always walk.

Yeah, but then she wouldn't be a fat brit
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
We're looking to upgrade our old Ford Taurus for an SUV early next year, and we want one with the option of a third row of seats. We've seen the Hyundai VerraCruz models, which were very nice (18-26 MPG), and the smaller versions, the Santa Fe models (but they don't have a third row).

Cost about $26,000 - $41,000 new, but really very good value. New Hyundai cars also come with a 100,000 mile warranty and free road side assistance.

I like the Nissan Muranos too. Bigger version of my little Versa.
We've test driven a Veracruz and we both liked it....although we want something that tows and I think that's a bit too fancy for towing. Some Santa Fe models do come with third row seating, but its an option and the seating is pretty compact, as you would expect.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Appologies to any lesbians out there but Subarus are the number one vehicle for American lesbians. Or, so I am told.

I actually kind of like them but my wife refuses to have one for when she has to drive my vehicle. She doesn't want to be looked at funny.

Have not heard that one, and I don't have one.... But if I wanted one that sure as heck wouldn't put me off driving it....
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:44 am
Frequent Flyer

Originally Posted by AmerLisa

Have not heard that one, and I don't have one.... But if I wanted one that sure as heck wouldn't put me off driving it....

It was a poor attempt at humour Lisa.

My work mates would give me hell though.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was a poor attempt at humour Lisa.

My work mates would give me hell though.
Really? lol

My husband just bought a Ford, I expected his work mates to give him hell as well.....but they didn't.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:48 am
Frequent Flyer

Really? lol

My husband just bought a Ford, I expected his work mates to give him hell as well.....but they didn't.

What Ford was it?

There is so much snobbery about cars for some reason.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What Ford was it?

There is so much snobbery about cars for some reason.
He bought a Ford Fucus (as he put it lol) He does some serious commuting and he had bought a Nissan Versa (3.5 years ago), but 75k miles later (despite taking care of the car, oil change, etc) the engine went belly up and necessitated buying a new car. We'll see how this car does..... Either that or we'll get lucky and will be able to sell the house and move closer to his job.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 6:54 am
Frequent Flyer

He bought a Ford Fucus (as he put it lol) He does some serious commuting and he had bought a Nissan Versa (3.5 years ago), but 75k miles later (despite taking care of the car, oil change, etc) the engine went belly up and necessitated buying a new car. We'll see how this car does..... Either that or we'll get lucky and will be able to sell the house and move closer to his job.

Where's home then Lisa?

I would have thought that the Versa would have been okay but did he hammer it a bit? 75,000 miles isn't much for an engine to give out.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where's home then Lisa?

I would have thought that the Versa would have been okay but did he hammer it a bit? 75,000 miles isn't much for an engine to give out.
Did he hammer it? Well I imagine driving that far gets old....he probably isn't always gentle on his car....

We're in Washington
Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:57 am
Frequent Flyer

Did he hammer it? Well I imagine driving that far gets old....he probably isn't always gentle on his car....

We're in Washington
DC or State?

I live 40 minutes the other side of Baltimore in York, PA
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:32 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

DC or State?

I live 40 minutes the other side of Baltimore in York, PA
Lisa & I are both in the Pacific NorthWet and you're practically issued a Subaru here at arrival. Well actually, I got the Volvo line, but it's one or the other around here. Lesbianism not required.
Plus, I'm looking hard at Subaru for the next one. Can't stomach the idea of a Chinese Volvo.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:01 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Versa and I absolutely LOVE it, but we've had nothing but trouble from the tyre pressure gauge and associated electrics. It's got 52,000 miles on it right now and we'll have paid off our three-year loan in February. I do... hmm... a fair bit of commuting. Other than that though, it's my favourite car ever. Tip top.

I think a lot of Americans think it's too small for a family car, but they're becoming more and more popular amongst commuters. 34 MPG last time I checked.

Last edited by Gingerert; Nov 9th 2010 at 9:07 am.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:05 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Lisa & I are both in the Pacific NorthWet and you're practically issued a Subaru here at arrival. Well actually, I got the Volvo line, but it's one or the other around here.
or a Jeep
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:07 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
or a Jeep
bleah, had one of those already. Every part on it was a spare, and that's when it was new! Frankencar.

How's tricks, Councilor?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.