Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

We're here!!!!

We're here!!!!

Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

buckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to allbuckers is a name known to all
Default We're here!!!!

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you all know that we finally arrived safe and sound into the US on 31st Oct. We have moved into the Broadlands area in VA and we got our house on 1 Nov and have been slowly getting things sorted from there. Son is already in school, and has been told he needs to move up a grade (very pleased with that!!!!) and is doing so from tomorrow, hubby started back to work and we went to Manassas yesterday so he could get his SSN. Just need to sort out my EAD so i can get my SSN and hopefully start a job after xmas (fingers crossed on that one, but i am a project manager in the telecoms industry - anyone know any good websites to offload my CV). So far so good is all i can say, but will obviously have lots of questions about how to do some things as and when.

Its great to be here though, despite being so far away from family.

will keep in touch
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're here!!!!

Originally Posted by buckers
Just wanted to let you all know that we finally arrived safe and sound into the US on 31st Oct.
Congratulations! Best of luck to you.

Ian
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

Congratulations
Glad you all made it over in one piece, hope the next few weeks arent too stressful!!

Sarah xxx
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Great News!! Welcome to the US You might want to think about having your CV 'translated' into American, no, it's not English

Good luck with everything, hope you get settled without too many hassles, my advice would be to let your son stay where he is for a few weeks before putting him 'up' a class, it's not easy for kids to settle in a class that is a year older jmho
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:20 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

YAY - your new chapter is underway!! Enjoy it!! and welcome to this side of the pond
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

...fingers crossed on that one, but i am a project manager in the telecoms industry - anyone know any good websites to offload my CV...
monster.com
careerbuilder.com
indeed.com it aggregates job postings
craigslist
linkedin.com

Any trade bodies....but networking is your best bet.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you all know that we finally arrived safe and sound into the US on 31st Oct. We have moved into the Broadlands area in VA and we got our house on 1 Nov and have been slowly getting things sorted from there. Son is already in school, and has been told he needs to move up a grade (very pleased with that!!!!) and is doing so from tomorrow, hubby started back to work and we went to Manassas yesterday so he could get his SSN. Just need to sort out my EAD so i can get my SSN and hopefully start a job after xmas (fingers crossed on that one, but i am a project manager in the telecoms industry - anyone know any good websites to offload my CV). So far so good is all i can say, but will obviously have lots of questions about how to do some things as and when.

will keep in touch
Doh, didn't see ths before I posted on the other thread.
Again, hello and glad you are all sorted.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

will keep in touch

Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to our side of the pond!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:48 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

You should subscribe to the Potomac Tech Wire, it's a daily email about tech in the DC area and has some job listings.

dice.com is an all-tech website (probably the best) and will turn up a gazillion jobs for you I would hope.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Welcome to the US! Glad you have gotten into your new home and are settling in. Your son is being moved up a grade at school? Wow!
Let us know how things progress. You arrived about 5 days after I did.