Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Well now I know

Well now I know

Old May 26th 2004, 1:28 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by honeymommy
I so agree with you Lairdside.... Unfortunately unless one of them realises what a cycle of distruction this is nothing will change only get worse.....
That's the saddest part of all

You know, I really should wholeheartedly advocating the reconcilliation of the child's parents. I don't doubt that between the two of them, as a joint effort, they can do a really good job of screwing up this child. If they try particularly hard perhaps the child will be one of my patients in a few years time!

Unfortunately there's enough "business" out there for sererval successive generations already *groan*.

As my current boss loves to say... "Job security".

I'm being sarcastic now and that's negative *slaps self*.

Yeah, how many psychologists/psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb.......

What's a lightbulb?
Old May 26th 2004, 1:31 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

I so agree with you Lairdside.... Unfortunately unless one of them realises what a cycle of distruction this is nothing will change only get worse.....

Psych.....
Joke..... How do you change a lightbulb.....

Answer... It has to want to change itself first....

Sad but true......

Anyway Leslie... have an awsome week honey and go party at the weekend....

Oh one suggestion..... Put you phone onto answer machine pick up and vet the calls.... Don't call him for any reason even if he leaves you loads of messages ok.....

Oh and yes.. There definately may be a time that he comes running back to you dragging his balls and pleading with you to have him back... Amasing how that happens when they see a woman is no doormat and has strength.....
Do not under any circumstances let the weasle back for you own sakes...... YOU DESERVE TO BE LOVED AND MOST OF ALL RESPECTED........
(((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))
I have to second that advice of yours HM.

Leslie, GO PARTY!

Or else. If you need a presecription for it I will get you a note to say it's medical advice and you are under doctors orders. (I'm not qualified yet - but I know lots of people who are).

One day I too will be certified. Or perhaps just certifiable......
Old May 26th 2004, 2:35 am
Howling at the Moon

Psych.....
Joke..... How do you change a lightbulb.....

Answer... It has to want to change itself first....

Sad but true......

Anyway Leslie... have an awsome week honey and go party at the weekend....

Oh one suggestion..... Put you phone onto answer machine pick up and vet the calls.... Don't call him for any reason even if he leaves you loads of messages ok.....

Oh and yes.. There definately may be a time that he comes running back to you dragging his balls and pleading with you to have him back... Amasing how that happens when they see a woman is no doormat and has strength.....
Do not under any circumstances let the weasle back for you own sakes...... YOU DESERVE TO BE LOVED AND MOST OF ALL RESPECTED........
(((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))
Ok, so I officially have no life.

I am sitting here wondering of Leslie did decide to go to the airport afterall. I hope she's ok...
Old May 26th 2004, 2:41 am
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Well now I know

As much as I sympathise with you, I dont understand what you are seeking for in the forum. as much as it is your choice to air your private life, do you have your patners permission to discuss him? i find that disrespectful to him. and dont you have friend's, relatives whom you can share your thoughts with? if not, you can try private messaging instead of trying to seek everyone's attention.

you need to get a grip on life. the world revolves around its axis, and not around people.
Old May 26th 2004, 2:45 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Originally posted by lairdside
Ok, so I officially have no life.

I am sitting here wondering of Leslie did decide to go to the airport afterall. I hope she's ok...
I doubt it:

Originally posted by Lesley1020
You all are SO right!!! He is a bastard through and through and a classic example of how people can portray themselves to be someone they are not.

I get a phone call an hour ago from him to say not to worry about coming to the airport - Dave is getting off work early to come get him as there have been "
Old May 26th 2004, 2:47 am
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by Gross50
As much as I sympathise with you, I dont understand what you are seeking for in the forum. as much as it is your choice to air your private life, do you have your patners permission to discuss him? i find that disrespectful to him. and dont you have friend's, relatives whom you can share your thoughts with? if not, you can try private messaging instead of trying to seek everyone's attention.

you need to get a grip on life. the world revolves around its axis, and not around people.
The earth revolves upon it's axis. The world is people by definition. You should know that --- "Be no part of this world" ?

She has exercised discretion in not mentioning his name, or any details which would make him readily identifiable.

Until the guy in question learns to have some respect for himself, he will not receive and cannot expect, such from others.

The "World" does not work that way. Being composed of people, as it is.

Last edited by lairdside; May 26th 2004 at 2:50 am.
Old May 26th 2004, 2:48 am
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by monster
I doubt it:
Doubt she went to the airport, that she is ok or that I don't have a life?

The latter I can personally attest to
Old May 26th 2004, 2:49 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Troll.

You do not need anybody's permission to write about them. You just better make sure it's true if you say anything nasty or you're asking for a heap of trouble.

Clearly everyone else who has posted sees what she's seeking and have helped provide it to the best of their ability. You are late to the party with no date so you might as well go back to your cave under the bridge.
Old May 26th 2004, 2:52 am
Winter hyphenator

Doubt she went to the airport, that she is ok or that I don't have a life?

The latter I can personally attest to

Damn you post fast!

doubt that she went to the airport
doubt she is OK right now
don't doubt she'll pull through.

(Chin up Leslie -everyone (apart from Gross) is right )
Old May 26th 2004, 2:54 am
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

The earth revolves upon it's axis. The world is people by definition. You should know that --- "Be no part of this world" ?

She has exercised discretion in not mentioning his name, or any details which would make him readily identifiable.

Until the guy in question learns to have some respect for himself, he will not receive and cannot expect, such from others.

The "World" does not work that way. Being composed of people, as it is.

you must be the centre of the world, with all the people around you
Old May 26th 2004, 2:55 am
Howling at the Moon

Damn you post fast!

doubt that she went to the airport
doubt she is OK right now
don't doubt she'll pull through.

(Chin up Leslie -everyone (apart from Gross) is right )
LoL.

I have a 3k connection. I wonder of that is part of the reason? I'm a long time, hopeless bandwidth junkie.

Gross, well doesn't his handle just describe him perfectly?

Les is a fighter, anyone can see that. She will not only beat this but decimate it, move on to better things and learn from it too.

She's too good for him and she knows it
Old May 26th 2004, 2:56 am
Howling at the Moon

you must be the centre of the world, with all the people around you
I am the center of my own world honey and you ain't invited..lmao
Old May 26th 2004, 3:07 am
Banned

Troll.

You do not need anybody's permission to write about them. You just better make sure it's true if you say anything nasty or you're asking for a heap of trouble.

Clearly everyone else who has posted sees what she's seeking and have helped provide it to the best of their ability. You are late to the party with no date so you might as well go back to your cave under the bridge.
obviously, she needs more help than your empty words. rather than seek help from people who dont know her, she should reach out to her family and friends. this are the people who understand her. and whats more, she knows them too.

as for the party, i don't celebrate other people's misery.
Old May 26th 2004, 3:15 am
Howling at the Moon

obviously, she needs more help than your empty words. rather than seek help from people who dont know her, she should reach out to her family and friends. this are the people who understand her. and whats more, she knows them too.

Did you really read the thread?

A brief recap.

She hasn't any close friends nearby, she's only been in the US for 2 months. It's often easier to talk to people who aren't too close to the situation anyway. Lord knows if I was there in person I'd have been tempted to cause a heap of trouble by now because of my concern for the child. It also would have been an ethical issue for me as I am somewhat obliged to disclose to the authorities any substantial risk factor of which I am aware.

She didn't want to worry her Mum. Everyone here has already advised her to talk to her Mum. Mothers know when something is wrong, not talking just causes them to imagine the worst and worry as to why their child feels that they cannot tell them what is going on.

Many of the people have been/ are going through situations which bear similarities. We can relate to Leslie. It's called empathy and compassion. We should be a world of friends rather than a world of strangers.

Everyone should be our friend and are capable of knowing us as well as they know themselves.
Old May 26th 2004, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she prefers to discuss it here v.s talking to friends/relatives back home and having them worry about it. Does freedom of speech mean anything to you?

Ash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.