Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Weighing scale / Adapter / Batteries

Weighing scale / Adapter / Batteries

Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weighing scale / Adapter / Batteries

Hi there,

All I have done in my life is bean count so I am a bit dud with everything else!

I bought these mini weighing scales that has an adapter connection as well as space for 4XC Size Alkaline Batteries.

Firstly, am I right in saying - the scales with work with either the Adapter or the batteries. I mean I don't need both right? On the manual under POWER SOURCE it says "4XC size Alkaline Batteries or AC/DC".

I plugged the adapter into the scales but it does not turn on. The Adapter requirements are "Adapter 9~12V/100mA". The adapter I am using (bought this of ebay after asking the seller if it would work with the requirement above)

Model HB-10BC
INPUT AC 120V 60Hz
OUTPUT DC9V 300mA.

Any help, appreciated.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all
Default Re: Weighing scale / Adapter / Batteries

From an unqualified, untrained, eye it would appear that you have done everything correct and it should work. Although there may be a question about the 100ma.
PS Just watched Manly beat my team (Tigers) last weekend so I don't know why I'm trying to help!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
Firstly, am I right in saying - the scales with work with either the Adapter or the batteries. I mean I don't need both right? On the manual under POWER SOURCE it says "4XC size Alkaline Batteries or AC/DC".
Normally either should work when provision for both types of power source is made - especially if it says "batteries OR AC/DC"! But I do remember a device I had which only worked off DC if the batteries existed - even though they were flat! I suspect it was faulty which could perhaps be the problem with your scales.

4xC batteries is quite meaty but I wouldn't have thought that the batteries would need changing all that often... would they?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
Hi there,

All I have done in my life is bean count so I am a bit dud with everything else!

I bought these mini weighing scales that has an adapter connection as well as space for 4XC Size Alkaline Batteries.

I plugged the adapter into the scales but it does not turn on. The Adapter requirements are "Adapter 9~12V/100mA". The adapter I am using (bought this of ebay after asking the seller if it would work with the requirement above)

Model HB-10BC
INPUT AC 120V 60Hz
OUTPUT DC9V 300mA.

Any help, appreciated.
This power supply should do the job.
Do the scales work when powered on the batteries only?
If so, then it looks like the power supply might be faulty.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

petersmall will become famous soon enough

It should work with either the adapter OR the batteries.

Can you check the polarity of the adaptor, on the scale it should show a small image which has a dot with part of an ac around it next to where you plug the adaptor in, either the dot or the arc will be marked +, the other -. The adaptor should have the same markings and you need to make sure they are the same.