Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wee question about xe.com

Wikiposts

Wee question about xe.com

Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

MadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wee question about xe.com

I know a lot of other bods on here use xe, so hoping you can help.

Does anyone know how they set their trade limits? I've been using it for a few months to send money to the UK to cover the bills over there. I think when I opened the account they asked me what it was for, I stated to cover bills, and they gave me a smallish trade limit (under 10k).

Now I'll (hopefully) be transferring a sizeable chunk of cash the other way (proceeds of a house sale). I've asked for a bigger trade limit and am awaiting their response. It didn't ask me why I wanted it.

Anyone know if they will increase on demand, or is it after a certain time or what?

Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2010, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

cruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to all
Default Re: Wee question about xe.com

I did the same thing. If I remember correctly I ended up calling them to discuss and they increased it to £200k. It was pretty quick.

Good luck
Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:25 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

its on demand (alkthough takes a day or two to administer if i remember correctly). ive had to get my limit increased once or twice when I had house sale proceeds coming through.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

GlastoEls is on a distinguished road

For a newbie, could you describe if XE is the best service with whom to send back money from the US (Citibank checking) to a UK bank (Lloyds current)?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:58 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GlastoElliot
For a newbie, could you describe if XE is the best service with whom to send back money from the US (Citibank checking) to a UK bank (Lloyds current)?
With respect, how do you define "best"? Easy? Financially economical? Fast? Without knowing your criteria, it's hard to say.

Ian
Old Nov 19th 2010, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

GlastoEls is on a distinguished road

Ooh! I like it.

Smallish sums ~$500 at a time.

Looking for cheapest - without compromising safety.

Many thanks!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:07 am
Just Joined

BackandForth is an unknown quantity at this point

My experience have used for small sums up to $2k. Anything higher I have used my bank for security.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

MadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - I emailed them and they want a ton of info and more documents, but it should be doable.

Out of interest, doers anyone have accounts with more than one currency exchange provider? I was looking on HiFx today and saw their incoming rates to the US seemed higher, which got me thinking that maybe I should have accounts with another couple of institutions.