Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

remember me!

remember me!

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

usoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud ofusoruk has much to be proud of
Default remember me!

Hello to all,

It has been a while, hope you guys still remember me!! I was the one who could not handle the Arizona heat and missed all things British!

We were in the middle of deciding when and where to move, so we ended up back in New Jersey, after 7 years! (we are living with the in-laws) Hubby is from NJ. Been here about 3 months. Right in the middle of the unpacking, I had to go back to the UK for 2 months as my dad was going to have an emergency heart op (he is much better). Going back, unsettled me more about settling back in NJ!! Yes if we could go back, we would and I still feel homesick.

Kids and hubby, not liking it all in NJ. It is taking time for the kids to adjust in elementary and middle schools, especially the making friends department. The only thing I like here is the weather and greenery, but at least it is closer to "home" and cooler!! We are going to try to make a go of it.

Just couple of questions, any of you experience difficulty in obtaining transcripts for uni. courses done in UK. I was a careers adviser back home and the uni. I did my postgraduate diploma in careers guidance course at a uni. that no longer undertakes it and say that they do not have any archive info. I have been checking on web and ringing around for help, but decided that maybe someone out there may know of my dilemma. Going to get transcripts for BA course, though.

Also, anybody know of any where to get Brit food from in Northern NJish area. I have not come across a world market!!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: remember me!

Originally Posted by usoruk

Just couple of questions, any of you experience difficulty in obtaining transcripts for uni. courses done in UK. I was a careers adviser back home and the uni. I did my postgraduate diploma in careers guidance course at a uni. that no longer undertakes it and say that they do not have any archive info. I have been checking on web and ringing around for help, but decided that maybe someone out there may know of my dilemma. Going to get transcripts for BA course, though.

Also, anybody know of any where to get Brit food from in Northern NJish area. I have not come across a world market!!
Welcome back to BE!

The transcripts, the uni should be able to tell you who the examining board were and they should have records for you.

Food, amazon.com is your best bet, but whole foods, home goods, places like that...also have a search as there's been a few threads with recommendations in NJ, though no idea if any of those places are near you.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 9:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usoruk
Hello to all,

It has been a while, hope you guys still remember me!! I was the one who could not handle the Arizona heat and missed all things British!

We were in the middle of deciding when and where to move, so we ended up back in New Jersey, after 7 years! (we are living with the in-laws) Hubby is from NJ. Been here about 3 months. Right in the middle of the unpacking, I had to go back to the UK for 2 months as my dad was going to have an emergency heart op (he is much better). Going back, unsettled me more about settling back in NJ!! Yes if we could go back, we would and I still feel homesick.

Kids and hubby, not liking it all in NJ. It is taking time for the kids to adjust in elementary and middle schools, especially the making friends department. The only thing I like here is the weather and greenery, but at least it is closer to "home" and cooler!! We are going to try to make a go of it.

Gary's Wine Store...stores are in Bernardsville, Madison, Rt 23 north just north of I80. He has a pretty decent selection. There is also an Irish store in Bridgewater Mall. Super Shop n Stop have an international section they sell some British goods. If you are anwhere near a King's supermarket they sell a few things PGTip, Heinz Beans...this time of year they have Walkers and Cadbury's goodies...also around Easter too.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have success in your quest for transcripts. I did a post grad in Art therapy in the mid 90's and after I left, the college had a series of merges with other colleges. As a consequence all records for the first 6 yrs were lost. Contacted the new college, the examining college(Glasgow Caledonian) and even the Scottish minister for education but never managed to get a transcript. Seems the examining college simply passes out the degree but doesn't keep the records. That was the job of the college itself.