Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wedding Planning

Wedding Planning

Old Sep 16th 2015, 10:53 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding Planning

Its probably been mentioned, but in many states, you can get a friend to become a minister (of whatever stupid religion you can find) online for free [You can probably even self declare yourself as a minister], and then they can marry you. You could even charge them a fee for their novelty experience.

(This is good in Washington and Oregon, you would have to look up your state to confirm)

I am a minister in the First Church of Atheism and will marry you for a bag of Walkers crisps if you are in Washington.

The last two wedding that I know about went this route of getting friends ministered up (Wiccan). One on a high local look out in Portland, the other in their own back yard in Seattle.

Last edited by kimilseung; Sep 16th 2015 at 11:43 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Kat88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wedding Planning

Haha kimilseung I will be in PA so unfortunately will have to decline your offer

Thanks everyone for your replies. Ok so the word is officiant - that's a good start. I was using the term registrar because I didn't know.