Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to the USA

Wanting to move to the USA

Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:34 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to the USA

no one is going to bother spending the time to answer a question that is immaterial to the known outcome as it stands.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 2:40 am
Just Joined

cheshireman will become famous soon enough

Hi

Do you really want to move to usa.

I arrived here 29th July on a k1 visa and im heading back to UK 23rd sept.

Pennsylvania is nothing but trees without a view of rolling hills.

If you do think carefully which state you go too.????
Old Sep 8th 2010, 2:46 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheshireman
Hi

So you gave this country less than two full months? Amazing!
Old Sep 8th 2010, 3:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Just curious if your fiancee is moving back to the UK with you, or did you guys just decide to break it off completely?

There are other states in the USA that don't have that scenery...you could try another state.

I don't think 6 weeks is long enough at all to get used to some place, but to each his own.

Rene
Old Sep 8th 2010, 3:16 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
So you gave this country less than two full months? Amazing!
nearly as good as 2 weeks in Orlando and wanting to move to Florida!
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:15 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
nearly as good as 2 weeks in Orlando and wanting to move to Florida!
I was thinking the same.
Hey is that dancing picture what I think it is?
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Englishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Just curious if your fiancee is moving back to the UK with you, or did you guys just decide to break it off completely?

There are other states in the USA that don't have that scenery...you could try another state.

I don't think 6 weeks is long enough at all to get used to some place, but to each his own.

Rene
Just what I was thinking. Aren't there 49 other states available, and a huge variety of scenery other than trees even in Pennsylvania, if you don't like those.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Scott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond reputeScott33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I admire your honesty, and although I do not know your circumstances, I feel if it is just a case of not being able to settle (as mentioned in another one of your posts) you really haven't given it enough time. And did you really go through all that trouble to immigrate just for inspiring scenery?

I have been reading the posts here for a few years, and I am amazed by how little people know about the culture shock of moving here. I am sure you can agree now, that living in the US is nothing like having a holiday here.

I remember reading a post about the "emotional stages" one goes through when they immigrate - from exited anticipation, to fear of the unknown, to being overwhelmed with the new realities faced while settling in, to the grief of leaving their old life behind. I am doing the piece a discredit, but I am damned if I can find it. Should definitely be a sticky.

My sister hit the nail on the head when she told me the Brits have far more in common culturally, with any non-English speaking EU country, than we do the US. It is that different. I am not saying it is bad (and neither was she) just completely different culturally. Most of us only get to experience this by living life beyond the more familiar and superficial aspects of the US, by being here a while - something you generally don't get to do on holiday.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Last edited by Scott33; Sep 8th 2010 at 5:58 am. Reason: I can't spell
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Here you go: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/apa/1939234347.html

Not the best area of town.....but there you go!

Daily flights from London direct, and it'll be less than $30 for a cab ride from the airport to your new home.

Just watch out for Arpaio's sweeps -- unless you look good in pink underwear.
It's a great place to start a life in the US.

Especially if you like a 'Wild West' vibe.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Hi

That is not true at all! Are you in western PA? If so, travel east around Lancaster for example. I don't believe the Amish farm woods.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Would have been cheaper to do that on the VWP.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 2:04 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I was thinking the same.
Hey is that dancing picture what I think it is?
Oh yes he comes and goes every so often
Old Sep 8th 2010, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Or it could be a ex member of BE playing up on labor day
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes he comes and goes every so often
That pun was intentional, right
Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely LOVE these threads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.