Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to USA

Wanting to move to USA

Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Rachael121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting to move to USA

Hi,

I live in the UK and my partner lives in Minnesota. He wants me to move out there, which i want to do

I am a bit confused on how i can do this. He called me today and said that we don't need to get married for me to be able to move there (I'm thinking he just doesn't want to marry me!lol lol) , he said that he spoke to a Mexican guy and he said that all I have to do is sign a form at the US Consulate / Embassy here in London - I am sure that he is wrong.

Please could someone clarify for me exactly what I would need to do to be able to move to the USA?

Thanks
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:06 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to USA

Clever guys those Mexicans! Avoid taking advice from Guatemalans would be my tip.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachael121
Hi,

I live in the UK and my partner lives in Minnesota. He wants me to move out there, which i want to do

I am a bit confused on how i can do this. He called me today and said that we don't need to get married for me to be able to move there (I'm thinking he just doesn't want to marry me!lol lol) , he said that he spoke to a Mexican guy and he said that all I have to do is sign a form at the US Consulate / Embassy here in London - I am sure that he is wrong.

Please could someone clarify for me exactly what I would need to do to be able to move to the USA?

Thanks
He is wrong .... my Paraguyan neigbor just said so
Depends ..if he intends to marry you
if he does not ..you ain't going.....
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Rachael121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ray, I thought as much ....... x
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:13 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
If he doesnt want to marry you and you dont qualify for a visa in your own right - forget it.

Visa's for entry to US - http://www.uscis.gov
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Bolivian neighbour said that whilst he does not have to marry you in advance, he would have to within 90 days of arriving.

Not sure how much you can trust Bolivians.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I just spoke to a Colombian, he said you just turn up and offer the immigration official $10 and a goat and they will give you a greencard right there and then.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 12:02 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I just spoke to a Colombian, he said you just turn up and offer the immigration official $10 and a goat and they will give you a greencard right there and then.
If I remember the investigation correctly, it wasn't goats the immigration officials were after in return for a G/C.

Worth considering if ya desperate.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 12:03 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

First thing you should realize is that 99% of Americans have absolutely NO CLUE when it comes to visas or immigration procedures. They've never had to deal with the bureaucratic morass that is the USCIS and many of them still think the Statue of Liberty means 'anyone can come to the US (from Europe) and the only immigrants who are illegal are Mexicans'.

Because questions like yours are asked every single day here, there is a WIKI on the matter:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

Basically, if you cannot qualify for one of the visas above (and about 99% of the people who want to move here CANNOT qualify for one of those visas) than you are not coming to stay. You can visit of course, but long term, you'll be out of luck (unless the wedding ring is in the offing).
Old Nov 18th 2008, 12:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
lol, my Ecuadorian neighbor is out or I would ask him too.

You guys know it will be 6-9 months before you'll be able to move, right?

Have your BF find out what form it is to sign at the Embassy.. now I'm curious!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 12:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul1968mcr
If I remember the investigation correctly, it wasn't goats the immigration officials were after in return for a G/C.

Worth considering if ya desperate.
ewww.
The immigration guy in our Greek village was doing that.. making the single FSU gals meet him at his office at .. oh, 8:30pm. AND bring money!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 1:48 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Bleedin South Americans get everywhere ....
Old Nov 18th 2008, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

My father was South American. Very trustworthy indeed!

If the OP wants to bribe me, although I'm not Yankee yet I can think of something to get her into the US!

On a serious note, I hope it works out for you with your bf.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Read the wiki and say what visa you'd fit into...though realistically best bet would be to marry the sod....welcome to BE as well
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:18 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Bob
Read the wiki and say what visa you'd fit into...though realistically best bet would be to marry the sod....welcome to BE as well
Sounds like he want a bit of rumpy pumpy on the side without
any commitment ... Seems a good idea to me ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.