Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

waiver of excludability

waiver of excludability

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 4:47 pm
Banned

davidvincent is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry waiver of excludability

my name is David Vincent and I need advice on a problem I have.
I came from the England to USA in 2000-March with my 2 children 13, and 11 yrs.
I met and married a US Citizen here in August 2001, and have since applied for a green card.
I had a criminal conviction in Norway almost 20 years ago in 1983 and spent some 13 months in a prison there.
The crime was damage by fire, but no-one was injured or killed.
I am now being asked to fill out a waiver form I 601 to waiver my ineligibility, as I would have been ineligible to enter the USA if this was known at the time of my application for a B1/B2 visa.
I am fully employed and pay taxes, have a mortgage, and my children attend school here, and my wife- A US citizen is employed also.
My wife has not been convicted of any crimes in the USA or any other country, or have I been convicted of any crimes in the USA or any other country since the said crime way back almost 20 years in Norway.
I also have my birth mother and my half sisters here in the USA- all US Citizens.
What is the likelihood of anything happening to me or being deported or.....I gather from my conversation with the INS Inspector that he says that few people are deported, and that it was 20 years ago, etc.
Can you share your thoughts on this matter or direct me to someone who can....thankyou in anticipation of your help
David Vincent Esq