Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Wabbit is given his VISA!!!!!!!!!! Yay

The Wabbit is given his VISA!!!!!!!!!! Yay

Old Dec 16th 2003, 3:24 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future
Default The Wabbit is given his VISA!!!!!!!!!! Yay

Yipppppeeeeeeeeeee

No more crying from the over anxious wife, alhough her tummy is still playing up!

I got my lovely brown envelope! Jan 7 here I come!

The woman at the interview told me though I have to wait 5 years to become a citizen, only those in the army or such can process after 3 years??? Is this right?

As for my jabs, I told the doc Id had the Tetanus and diptheria, and hadnt had the MMR and he said fine, and I paid £35 and got the mMR done there!

cheerio and many thanks to those who helped me with my queries!

Lee and Brandi
Old Dec 16th 2003, 3:59 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

I love seeing you so happy Wabbit!

Jan 7th will soon be here!
Old Dec 16th 2003, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Paul&Dawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Wabbit is given his VISA!!!!!!!!!! Yay

Congratulations to both of you!

What a wonderful start to the new year!

Dawn
Old Dec 16th 2003, 4:36 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! A nice early crimbo present! Congratulations to you both.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 5:13 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, hey, congratulations! I got my green card this time last year...it was hard work but worth all the hassle not to mention three hours in that over heated American embassy waiting room.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 5:29 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by waxwabbit

The woman at the interview told me though I have to wait 5 years to become a citizen, only those in the army or such can process after 3 years??? Is this right?
No, lying bitch, go back and beat the crap out of her!

Spouses of U.S. Citizens
Generally, certain lawful permanent residents married to a U.S. citizen may file for naturalization after residing continuously in the United States for three years if immediately preceding the filing of the application:
· the applicant has been married to and living in a valid marital union with the same U.S. citizen spouse for all three years;
· the U.S. spouse has been a citizen for all three years and meets all physical presence and residence requirements; and
· the applicant meets all other naturalization requirements.
There are also exceptions for lawful permanent residents married to U.S. citizens stationed or employed abroad. Some lawful permanent residents may not have to comply with the residence or physical presence requirements when the U.S. citizen spouse is employed by one of the following:
· the U.S. Government (including the U.S. Armed Forces);
· American research institutes recognized by the Attorney General;
· recognized U.S. religious organizations;
· U.S. research institutions;
· an American firm engaged in the development of foreign trade and commerce of the United States; or
· certain public international organizations involving the United States.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/natzinfo.doc

You can start the citizenship ball rolling 3 years minus 90 days from the day of issued (or validation) of your green card.

Patrick

Confrats by the way
Old Dec 16th 2003, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Wabbit! From one nervous, stressful wife to another, I know how your wife feels now.
Take care and congratulations and glad they didn't detect your moxi/miximorose problem.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 11:58 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Congratulations Lee! I knew you'd do it. See? I told you it was easy! Start packing your carrots!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 12:40 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations you wascally wabbit!!!

Best wishes for the future.

Take care

Tam
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:55 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Thank you all yet again....

as for you rocky, you sound as if you wanna see my carrot? Admit it, you are tempted!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:58 pm
Wabbit Lord

Yo Patrick

I think she thought 5 years was something to do with us filing and we havent been married 2yrs yet, that or she was crazy??????
Old Dec 18th 2003, 6:49 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all yet again....

as for you rocky, you sound as if you wanna see my carrot? Admit it, you are tempted!!!!!!!!!!

*gulp*
Old Dec 19th 2003, 12:56 am
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Yo Patrick

I think she thought 5 years was something to do with us filing and we havent been married 2yrs yet, that or she was crazy??????
Patricks right she was wrong. It is 3 years less 90 days from POE date. The 2 years thing just means you have a conditional permanent resident status until you and spouse file the joint form (USCIS Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence)) 90 days before 2 years are up from POE date. It makes no difference to the 3 years though as you count as a perm resident whether conditional or not.

regards,

Duncan